• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

mamaw

Bell & Evans Chicken Nuggets Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I just received an e-mail back from Bell & Evans. They will have gluten-free chicken nuggets on store shelves at the end of June 06. Now my problem is Whole Foods doesn't seem to carry Bell & Evans fresh anymore so I did see a few frozen things so I hope they are not phasing them out just when they come out with gluten-free!!!!!

Hopefully Giant Eagle will carry them...

mamaw

Hi, Mamaw!

The McIntyre Square Giant Eagle (on McKnight Road across from Border's) currently carries Bell & Evans chicken--I haven't seen chicken nuggets, but I imagine that they'll carry them! Their Bell & Evans fresh chicken is way in back, on one end of their fresh meat counter. Are the chicken nuggets going to be fresh or frozen?

BTW, chicken nuggets are very easy to make from scratch (even gluten-free). I just use chicken tenders (Festival Foods carries Amish preservative-and-hormone-free chicken for half the price of Giant Eagle's), dip them in cornstarch, beaten egg, and roll them in crushed Fritos. I fry them in peanut oil (3 minutes per side), but you could bake them, too.

I hope it happens. I heard about this awhile back and have called Bell & Evans a couple times. Originally they told me they would be in stores April 24th. Then when I called last week they said they should be in stores any day... still waiting. I really want to try these.

I believe the nuggets will be frozen . I just don't alway have time to prepare food so I like to have something around for a quick meal . I have a really great recipe for nuggets or strips but I can't save any for the freezer for a quick meal as everyone including the non- gluten family eats them up as soon as they hit the plate...I did three pounds and gone in a matter of a minute...

Fiddle-Faddle I will have to check out the Giant Eagle at McIntyre Square. I guess I haven't been going down there much lately since Cranberry is closer I may check that one out.

Someone else mentioned about Ian's , that maybe they changed their recipe. I hope so as none of us cared for there nuggets.....S'Better Farms are fairly good to.

mamaw

I believe the nuggets will be frozen . I just don't alway have time to prepare food so I like to have something around for a quick meal . I have a really great recipe for nuggets or strips but I can't save any for the freezer for a quick meal as everyone including the non- gluten family eats them up as soon as they hit the plate...I did three pounds and gone in a matter of a minute...

Fiddle-Faddle I will have to check out the Giant Eagle at McIntyre Square. I guess I haven't been going down there much lately since Cranberry is closer I may check that one out.

Someone else mentioned about Ian's , that maybe they changed their recipe. I hope so as none of us cared for there nuggets.....S'Better Farms are fairly good to.

mamaw

Whellshire farms makes gluten-free chicken nuggest too... taste alot better then teh Ians...