• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

ok so i just got back from having a celiac blood test done. now i remeber reading that its a 6 vile test?? but the nurse came in with only 1 vile and so i asked her and she said " you know i thought that also let me go double check what the kit says" so she went back and came back and said "nope just one vile" so they took it and 20 minutes later i was allowed to go home * my head wouldnt stop spinning and is still slightly so they where afraid i was going to faint on the walk home thru 92 dagree weather*

i have been gluten free for 2 weeks i told that to my doctor about how it would through off the test and he said " since your still have major symptoms if it is celiac it will show up anyways because your not healing at all yet" then i asked him what else could be causing these symptoms and he replyed with two other diseases one beeing chrons disease. He says hes pretty sure i have celiac but those could still be a posabilty, Now im more worried then i was, i went there for some answers after a month now of not nowing whats going on and im still in the dark i am so frustrated right now- when will this all be over :( i meen i understand it takes time to heal and all but cmon i need a break. god now im so worried that i hope its celiac i never thought i would be saying that :(

oh i did ask him about those subsarean folds or whatever and he replyd with a hole bunch of technical mumbo jumbo so i just simply asked him if i have lots of damage or a little and he said that as far as what was shown almost no damage was pressent just a tiny bit. so i guess thats a good thing right :)

as for the worms thing i broght that up and he says it wouldnt cause all of those symptoms that i have but it still could be a posiabity so he sent me home with some kits to take sampls and bring to the hospital when i fulfill the sample

oh and on another plus, the cist on my back i had him look at it and he says that its a ""cyst * forgot the name but it meens its just sweat back up* told me to put a warm compress on it and it should drain and go away on its own :) so thats always nice to know

he said those zit like rash i got my neck sounds like DH though, but i thought DH was usaly like leasions on your skin

i know you're freaking out about everything, understandably, and whenever i get too anxious about my various problems i have to remind myself to take it one step at a time... you got the celiac blood test, so now all you have to do is wait for the results, and based on that, take the next step.

Lister:

Stay Calm, first of all. Stress can agrivate your symptoms no matter what it is.

I just wanted to tell you that after a biopsy, I went gluten free, changed doctors and was given a blood work up for IGA, ect three weeks later and my blood work was neg. The endo, indicated major blunting of the villi, which confirms Celiac.

Your blood work may not indicate Celiac, because of being gluten free, and the lack of testing of the full panel.

Hope you get the news you want.... Lisa

(With a smile on my friendly face....ease up on the wtf, we have kids who post here....thanks.)

was that the right test though i meen only one sample does not seem right

They don't need 5 different vials, they just need a few drops for each antibody test, so they strech out the sample. I only had one vial and had all 5 tests done.

It's like when you get a complete blood count they don't take 50 vials, they just use one vial to test for everything.

ahhh ok. Well i guess i hope it comes back positive because if it doesnt i get to have a colonoscopy to figure out whats wrong. My family has a history of 2 of my relitives having colon cancer so im really scared that its not celiac and that it may be chrons disease or something.... i just cant belive now im hoping i have celiac lol. I just wish there could be something else less seriuse thats causing all of these problems. Like the worms that i may have you guys have replyd and said that tape worms could cause all of my symptoms but my doctor does not think so he says it could cause stomic pains and weight loss but it would not cause the brain fog, and my bactera coverd stools :( wish it was worms then i could have a club sandwich again mmmmmmm

Lister:

With a family history of colin problem, you NEED to have a colin test. I have done it and it's not a big deal. It is a life choice, a living choice. Don't be wimpy. :)

Lisa

Guest Viola
Lister:

With a family history of colin problem, you NEED to have a colin test. I have done it and it's not a big deal. It is a life choice, a living choice. Don't be wimpy. :)

Lisa

:lol: Lisa... most of us have done it, and we women seem to take it as a matter of course, but when my hubby had a biopsy he was really nervous. Mostly because he had never under went any procedure before. We women seem to have lots of practice from giving birth to ............. <_<:)

Having said that...YES Lister, you must have the necessary tests done so you know what's happening.

doctor says if the test comes back positive for celiac then im done with tests. should i force him to do it anyways- i dont have health insurance thats why hes trying to avoid it. I had a hemocult card done already and nothing abormal was found

i looked up symptosm for chrons and for ulceritive colitis, the 2 other things the doctor said it may be, and i dont really match any of the symptoms besides a desent amount on the ulcerative colitis- atleast that one would explain the bleeding i had 3 weeks ago that the doctors never figured out

was that the right test though i meen only one sample does not seem right

I had been going gluten free for about 5 weeks when I had my first blood tests, and a few vials of blood were taken. I was worried since I had been gluten free, it would not be an accurate result. They filled about three vials. But they tested quite a few things, like blood count, iron levels etc and for celiac. It came back weakly postitive for celiac, and all the other tests were normal, My doctor has no doubt about me being celiac. I will go for the biopsy eventually, I am still waiting three months down the line for it, but he has said not to eat gluten again, and that the biopsy appointment was going to take a while, and that he didn't mind if it did not show anything, he was convinced I had celiac.

The doc at the time said that I should come back in two months time for another routine blood test, to check my levels, and I did that, and what do you know, just one vial of blood was taken. So one vial of blood is enough.

The results, even though I have been gluten-free for 2 months were still weakly positive! It was hard to accept, and I had been watching everything I ate, but there you go, and I now have to go back in another two weeks to have another blood test. Does that mean my levels are not going down quick enough? I thought by now the doctor would be saying, "are you sure you have celiac, as there is not trace!"

I hope this makes you feel better, and that one tube of blood is all they need.

Cathy

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Paullina you are so right, but that was about four weeks before the follow up test. I know it was bad, but I was kind of in denial, and that everybody got it all wrong. I guess we all go through that.

Through that dabble, I now believe yes I have celiac.

In having said that, there have been occassions where either I did not know, or when I have relaxed on my reading the labels I have been caught out.

Cathy

im also starting to think maybe i need a second hemocult done since he had me do the test in 1 day just analize 3 movements from the same day instead of 1 each day and i also was not eating what the test whats you to eat before you take it so it could have shown a false negitive on blood beeing in my stools. I have what looks like coffee grounds in my stools, Im not to worried about it though since my stools themselfs are not tarry and there not black and there not red, Just green or yellow but with these black looking coffee ground. I think maybe dead mucus but i am not really sure should i have a followup hemocult?