• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

marcia24

How Will I Know?

Rate this topic

I don't really have a reaction to gluten.....I got checked because I was feeling fatigue and more bloated than normal but nothing really serious. I'm afraid that when I go gluten free after my biopsy that I won't know if I'm getting traces of gluten from something I use...any advice on how to deal with this I think I am going to be constantly paranoid!

Well, when you go gluten-free, you might suddenly notice that you do react to gluten. Small traces might suddenly start to affect you. If not, just be as careful as you can, and other than that..don't worry too much about it! :) You'll be fine.

Welcome. Find something that has been a constant feeling for you. For instance, my grandmother always commented on my dark circles under my eyes. After going gluten free they are gone. Now when I see the circles I know I have been glutened. Also acid reflux is worse. You will start to notice the difference.

I too was diagnosed without any of the classic symptoms and started the gluten-free diet about 6 or 7 weeks ago. I have noticed that the less gluten I eat (cause I'm still making some mistakes) the more of a reaction I have if I get glutened. I'll get gassy, or a stomach ache, or have to make frequent trips to the bathroom (though I'm still not getting the big D)... I never noticed any of this before my biopsy... I would just make sure you read lables and things and find some trusted brands and start making a list... Everyone here has been really really helpful, too.

I have noticed that the less gluten I eat (cause I'm still making some mistakes) the more of a reaction I have if I get glutened. I'll get gassy, or a stomach ache, or have to make frequent trips to the bathroom (though I'm still not getting the big D)... I never noticed any of this before my biopsy...

That is so funny --- my whole family reports the same thing and the doctor says it "shouldn't be."

What does that even mean, it "shouldn't be?" They say it's so, it's so. Maybe it's an odd reaction, but they aren't hallucinating. java script:emoticon(':huh:',%20'smid_8') Doctors.