• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

:( I have used Centrum Vitamins (Chewables) since I was diagnosed in Jan 2005, at that time my pharmacy called Centrum and confirmed that they were gluten-free. I have taken them since then and since I have been feeling lousy the last couple weeks I decided to call a couple different companies to get their gluten-free info. Well, to my surprise Centrum chewables are no longer gluten-free :angry: !!! OMG!!! Now what??

Can anyone tell me a good easy to find vitamin (either chewable or liquid) that I can use?

:(:o AHH! :unsure::angry:

Oh, and also I used to take Fiber Choice chewable tablets, and the company told me that the actual product doesn't have gluten, but is shared with production lines that have gluten filled products.... AHHH!! I have taken these for at least 1 year, and now I am so concerned! No wonder I am not gaining weight, I am still glutening myself. Does anyone have any good fiber replacements that are gluten-free that I could take? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

I take Nature Made Daily Multi Vit, its advialbe both in my Kroger and CVS, so I assume that means its out

there. Says gluten-free right on the bottle.

More info http://www.naturemade.com/ProductDatabase/...sp?productid=42

Thanks! I used to take their calcium tablets, but switched to Viactiv. I hope they have a chewable multi-vitamin!! Thanks for the post!

OOHH! They do have a chewable multi vitamin!! Thanks again for the website!

Hi - I just talked with Wyeth (Centrum makers) and their regular adult vitamin, the "performance", the "silver" and the liquid vitamin - they're all Gluten FRee.

Their chewables and their kids vitamins DO have gluten in them.

Thanks! I used to take their calcium tablets, but switched to Viactiv. I hope they have a chewable multi-vitamin!! Thanks for the post!

OOHH! They do have a chewable multi vitamin!! Thanks again for the website!

Your welcom! Cant realy take the credit, learned about them on this forum, very recently...forget who told me though :huh:

Hi - I just talked with Wyeth (Centrum makers) and their regular adult vitamin, the "performance", the "silver" and the liquid vitamin - they're all Gluten FRee.

Their chewables and their kids vitamins DO have gluten in them.

I know!! I just got off the phone with them too! I would take the regular Centrum but I can't swallow them. And, I know they (the chewables) were gluten-free last year but I guess everything changes. My body doesn't usually react right away to Gluten so it takes me so long to figure out what is making me sick- I hope I found it.

my son takes Gummy Vites - says gluten-free on the package.

Yep and very tasty! But they are dosed on a childs level. If you compare them to any reasonable adult multivit it appearent they dont provide enough.

i take centrum advanced formula complete a to zince with antioxidants but i guess you cant swallow them so nm

:( I have used Centrum Vitamins (Chewables) since I was diagnosed in Jan 2005, at that time my pharmacy called Centrum and confirmed that they were gluten-free. I have taken them since then and since I have been feeling lousy the last couple weeks I decided to call a couple different companies to get their gluten-free info. Well, to my surprise Centrum chewables are no longer gluten-free :angry: !!! OMG!!! Now what??

Can anyone tell me a good easy to find vitamin (either chewable or liquid) that I can use?

:(:o AHH! :unsure::angry:

Oh, and also I used to take Fiber Choice chewable tablets, and the company told me that the actual product doesn't have gluten, but is shared with production lines that have gluten filled products.... AHHH!! I have taken these for at least 1 year, and now I am so concerned! No wonder I am not gaining weight, I am still glutening myself. Does anyone have any good fiber replacements that are gluten-free that I could take? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

The terrible thing about Centrum may not be so much their infinitesmal gluten content, but the atrocious chemicals they managed to dump in them. For example, Nickelous Sulfate is listed as a "nutrient," when the EPA won't allow it in our public drinking water above 100 parts PER BILLION> This is just the tip of the iceberg. Go to www.centrumistoxic.com to get the scary details. Try a good whole food supplement like Mega Foods, which is explicitly Gluten Free, and delivers nutrients in food form. The benefits aren't theoretical, but you actually feel them. Good luck.

Hi, in response to your vitamin question. I went to Wild Oats which I am sorry to say is closing in West Omaha. The store nutritionist recommended Pioneer brand 1 Plus Vitamins Mineral. She told me these have excellent absorbability (word?) for people with gluten intolerance. They are a bit pricey but I feel safe and confident knowing they came recommended by a nutritionist with the disease herself. I was instructed to take 2 a day for a month, then cut down to one a day. not much missing in this vitamin!! I hav never been a vitamin person until this disease. I am active physically and this vitamin also boasts "increased nutritional needs for high-stress lifestyle, sports and fitness. I did have a pharmacist call One a Day for their "Active Complete" vitamin. they claimed they don't put gluten in that vitamin but cannot guarantee cross contamination does not occur in factory. Something to consider for all name brand vitamins. Cut these in half, maybe you could swallow them or even in thirds?? cf