• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Man, I really need to follow up more on medications....

:unsure: What does this mean???

Do any of the Sudafed® or Sudafed PE™ products contain gluten?

There are no gluten-containing ingredients added to the Sudafed® or Sudafed PE™ products. However, we cannot guarantee the product is gluten free since we have not tested for its absence.

Why can't they just test it and find out?!

I take Sudafed all the time, should I be worried now?

Just goes to show you that even people that have had this (celiac disease) for a little while can still be utterly and absolutely confused.

Man, I really need to follow up more on medications....

:unsure: What does this mean???

Why can't they just test it and find out?!

I take Sudafed all the time, should I be worried now?

Just goes to show you that even people that have had this (celiac disease) for a little while can still be utterly and absolutely confused.

Thats what we call a CYA statement.

I dont take these unless i really need them, i feel ok taking them when i need to- but i tend to stick with companys like Vicks who make dayquil/nyquil that can confirm that the product is gluten-free.

Well, then I guess I won't be taking Sudafed- although it's the one thing that works so well for me. I guess I will switch over to Claritin D which I know is safe. I just don't understand why companies don't understand that they will lose business and valuable customers if they do not research their products more carefully.

Those who insist on a "guarantee" will find their options severley limited by that arbitrary decision. Very, very few companies will do that, since it invites a lawsuit. They said there are no gluten-containing ingredients. Testing is expensive, and serves no practical purpose. Even if they randomly tested, they could still not "guarantee" anything. You can't prove a negative.

I would absolutely without question take a product with this statement, ESPECIALLY if it's a medication. Medications are so incredibly unlikely to have CC that I wouldn't even think about it.

Many, many pharmaceutical companies now use this type of CYA because their lawyers tell them to and for no other reason whatsoever. Even if the company tested every single pill (which no company on Earth does) and every single pill were found to be gluten-free, the lawyers would still tell them to use this CYA statement. Seriously.

richard.