• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Mango04

I Think Ian's Changed It's Nugget Recipe

Rate this topic

Not that we need another thread on Ian's chicken nuggets, but I just thought I'd share the news. I decided to splurge on some gluten-free and DF junk food last night and so my dinner involved some Ian's nuggets. Well, they're now called chicken cutletts, and I'm pretty sure they changed the recipe in addition to changing the shape of them. Still free of all those allergens...and Yum! (Pair them with Alexia fries and them some sorbet with Ahlaska chocolate syrup for desert and yeah - you don't need gluten or dairy for some quick, convenient, yummy junk food :)

Hmmm. Maybe I got the Canadian version. I did notice there was french writing all over the box. lol. I bought them in California though. I much prefer the cutletts to the nuggetts. They were awesome.

If it seems like actual chicken, I will try the cutletts. I really hated the nuggets.

L.

Me too. the nuggets seem to be like, ground up and compressed. The fishsticks however, I swear by.

My dd also did not like the nuggets, but loves the fish sticks.

At the price they are, I'll stick to making my own nuggets/tenders and just buying the fish once in awhile.

Guest nini

the latest box of Ian's Allergen free chicken nuggets I bought for my daughter are definitely different, they are a more defined shape and much better texture. My daughter scarfed them down two nights in a row cos she said they were sooooo yummy. I tried one and it wasn't bad! I hated them before. Anyway, this box didn't say cutlets or anything, looks exactly the same as the old ones, but inside it's a totally different story!

I really like the fish sticks too.

oh, and have you seen the chicken nuggets meal? it's got corn, mashed potatoes AND a piece of chocolate cake (the cake is from Cherrybrook farms)

I was just in my grocery store yesterday where I usually get my Ian's. Thank goodness I looked at the label as I noticed it did not say gluten-free on the front. On the ingred list it said wheat. So be very careful which Ian's you get.

Guest nini

yes, you have to get the one that says Allergen Free recipe on the front, it also is clearly labeled gluten-free

I noticed the change with the chicken nuggets, too. My daughter liked them before but likes them even better now. It's more of a round shape now. The box is exactly the same, though...I'd love to find the cutlets...

This is so funny, I actually thought about posting a thread about this a couple of months ago. I noticed a change in the texture of Ian's chicken nuggets as well. I got worried, despite the "Allergen-Free" label on the front of the box, that somehow they had put the regular ones in an "Allergen-Free" box by mistake. That probably isn't possible but being gluten-free will make you a bit paranoid. :)

Anyways, I've eaten a few boxes since then, with no ill effects. I agree they are better than the old recipe. I tried the Welshire "dinosaur" shaped ones and they are okay, though I think I like Ian's a bit better.

I have also paired them with Alexa fries and sorbet for dessert!

This is so funny, I actually thought about posting a thread about this a couple of months ago. I noticed a change in the texture of Ian's chicken nuggets as well. I got worried, despite the "Allergen-Free" label on the front of the box, that somehow they had put the regular ones in an "Allergen-Free" box by mistake. That probably isn't possible but being gluten-free will make you a bit paranoid. :)

Anyways, I've eaten a few boxes since then, with no ill effects. I agree they are better than the old recipe. I tried the Welshire "dinosaur" shaped ones and they are okay, though I think I like Ian's a bit better.

I have also paired them with Alexa fries and sorbet for dessert!

LOL I thought the same thing when I was eating them! I kept going back to my freezer to check the box and make sure they were safe!

"

This is so funny, I actually thought about posting a thread about this a couple of months ago. I noticed a change in the texture of Ian's chicken nuggets as well. I got worried, despite the "Allergen-Free" label on the front of the box, that somehow they had put the regular ones in an "Allergen-Free" box by mistake. That probably isn't possible but being gluten-free will make you a bit paranoid. :) "

I thought the same exact thing and was terrified that I was eating gluten-filled nuggets. I immediately emailed the company and they assured me that the gluten-free nuggets were reformulated to a "neater" more defined shape! They did not mention a change in the ingredients, but I do agree they taste so much better!