• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

ms_sillyak_screwed

Recipes For Those Of Us With Secondary Food Allergies

Rate this topic

what type of recipes are you looking for?

I'm looking for recipes that do NOT use GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, CORN, RICE, POTATOES, PORK, NIGHT SHADE VEGGIES, or LEGUMES. Oh no strawberries, or avacados either...

Meat (red), foul, fish, game, chicken and all types of fish are all safe as well as most other veggies and fruit. If you need alist of good foods I can eat let me know I'll list them.

Thank you for wanting to help me :wub:

I don't really have a specific recipe, more of an idea for a meal. With chicken I like to drizzle skinless breasts with a little olive oil and then sprinkle with a little garlic powder and sea salt (you could make a paste with fresh minced garlic and sea salt if you prefer and rub it on the chicken with the olive oil). Then I take fresh sprigs of rosemary and arrange them around the chicken in the pan (the rosemary infuses into the chicken when baking and gives incredible flavor). Bake like you would normally bake chicken breasts.

You could serve with a side of cooked millet or quinoa pilaf if you can tolerate those grains.

Without nightshades is the hard part, hummm...

Chicken soup

Meatloaf w/o tomatoes

Chicken (I like to bake my chicken in my limeade with a little tequilla and taragon)

Pork (baked with rosemary)

Meatballs and Hambergers

Pancakes

Eggs, scrambled, salad, deviled

Pizza with Olive Oil instead of tomato sauce (there is a local place that does that)

Tabuleh (with that other stuff that was listed here about a week ago that I can't remember now)

Sausage on bisquits (I make my own)

Beef roast - to die for with garlic inserted into the roast before baking

I am not sure what to do with your sides I use potatoes and rice - both of which you can't have.

I do have veggies and meat with every meal. Can you have beans? Can you have Chebe?

If I think of more, I will post again...

I can't find where I posted my Indonesian Curried Chicken recipe. I really don't measure exact amounts, but the gist of it is this: Brown boneless, skinless chicken in a pan with some olive oil or coconut oil, add coconut milk, onions and curry powder to taste. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add raisins, grated carrot and chopped apple, cook about 10 minutes until apple is tender. Salt to taste. I serve it over rice, but you could have it on millet or just eat it like a stew. It's really yummy.

I'm looking for recipes that do NOT use GLUTEN, DAIRY, SOY, CORN, RICE, POTATOES, PORK, NIGHT SHADE VEGGIES, or LEGUMES. Oh no strawberries, or avacados either...

Meat (red), foul, fish, game, chicken and all types of fish are all safe as well as most other veggies and fruit. If you need alist of good foods I can eat let me know I'll list them.

Okay, here are some ideas and then if you want actual recipes of them, let me know, okay? :)

- pecan encrusted fish or chicken

- any fish breaded with sesame seeds

- quinoa / amaranth anything

- vegetarian chili

- anything with curry!

- pesto

- homemade ice creams / sorbets

- homemade fruit salsa

I have never heard of Night shade veggies- could someone tell me what they are?

By any chance do they cause a DH reaction?

Thanks for your help in advance

Abbie

http://www.deliciousorganics.com/Controver.../nightshade.htm