• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Warrior Woman

I Am Not Sure If I Can Explain This

Rate this topic

I have been gluten-free for three days. During the 'diagnoses' phases I went gluten-free for two weeks and had the same thing happen to me.

This is going to sound weird-

It feels like something is moving inside of me- as if I was with child (I was once but not now that is why I compare it to that) but the movement feelings are higher, were the rib cage comes together. And it almost feels like my intestines are turning inside out, or as if they are shedding. I warned you it was odd.

Did anyone ever feel like this?

TIA

Lorraine

i have been gluten free for about 3 weeks now and yes i feel it everyday i explained it as if something was randomly eating me at random spots of my body, does yours also come with wierd unexplaind noises like pops and gurgles that just dont make sense??? i too have no clue what it is but i did find a temporary cure for it but it involvs smoking a illegal substance that can be frownd apon. but it really does work to remove that feeling for a couple of hours atleast. Its whats been keeping going thru these past couple of days as the "movements" have become more frequint

I have been gluten-free for three days. During the 'diagnoses' phases I went gluten-free for two weeks and had the same thing happen to me.

This is going to sound weird-

It feels like something is moving inside of me- as if I was with child (I was once but not now that is why I compare it to that) but the movement feelings are higher, were the rib cage comes together. And it almost feels like my intestines are turning inside out, or as if they are shedding. I warned you it was odd.

Did anyone ever feel like this?

TIA

Lorraine

Your not nuts IMHO. I used to get this also. I don't know what causes it but I do know that for me it has gone away. It felt like when I was carrying my son and he would move in such a way that it felt like he was kicking me in the stomach from the inside under my ribs. It wasn't painful. I just figured it was gas and that I was feeling the contractions in my intestines. Hopefully others will respond and we will know what causes this but I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't hurt.

I also get movement and gnawing sensations, and incredible noises. People can hear me gurgling from across the hall. On those frowned upon substances, which make my tummy feel so much better, be careful with rolling paper. Many roll your own papers are made from wheat, and zig zag gives me gluten belly. Rizla's are gluten-free, and do not give me bloat.

Just a thought.

Elonwy

i too have no clue what it is but i did find a temporary cure for it but it involvs smoking a illegal substance that can be frownd apon. but it really does work to remove that feeling for a couple of hours atleast.

While I would never reccommend this for anyone :ph34r: if it wasn't for that substance I never would have survived pre-diagnosis. Now that I am gluten free I no longer need it. You have only been gluten-free for a short time, make sure you check non-food sources for gluten also and that gassy ikky feeling should go away without assistance.

thanks fo rthe replys-

I cant say that there are noises, but more of a movement inside of me, like carrying a child or alien ready to pop out (Although this one didnt come over the border)

There isnt pain per say except that it is uncomfortable sometimes really uncomfortable

And the last time I was gluten-free and went thru this, I went to yoga and when we were streching out, it was like my intestines were a big knot! and by the end of the class I was more loose in that area! How weird!

I got this A LOT when I was first getting sick with celiac (well, classical symptom sick anyway). It started about three weeks after my daughter was born and continued until I was so sick that I couldn't get out of bed. At that point it went away temporarily. I thought that it was just my uterus still having contractions as it felt exactly like end-stage pregnancy(I even had myself convinced that my daughter still had a twin inside me). Anyway, after going gluten free the feeling returned and my doctor told me that it was just excessive gas and intestinal contractions causing the feeling.

It's called borborygmus. I once had an "attack" in the middle of class. Everyone was reading quietly, total silence, when all of a sudden this noise came out of my abdomen that sounded exactly like a creaking door opening - right out of a horror movie - I froze for a good ten seconds then fidgeted in my chair like it had made the noise. I don't think anybody bought it!

Here's a link. . .

Wikipedia Borborygmus

Thanks Kelly, at least now we know what it is called.

About eight years ago (before I had a hysterectomy) I had this so often, that I went and had a pregnancy test done, because I totally felt I must be pregnant, even though I really knew I wasn't. I felt very embarrassed when the test came back negative. I now realize that it obviously was caused by celiac disease. Because now I only get it when glutened.

I have the same thing. I feel as if something is "crawling in my intestines"!! It doesn't pain, but it is uncomfortable and very annoying. It seems to be worse at bedtime. It isn't like normal gas passing or anything I have ever experienced. There is no audible noise with mine at all. Mine has been better the past two nights. I started taking digestive enzymes and citrucel twice a day. I think these two things are helping very much. I highly recommend the digestive enzymes. I have never taken them constistantly and now that I am my digestion is SO much better. Oh and I cut way back on my dairy and processed food consumption. I also quit taking the probiotics I was taking that had lactose and dairy in them and now I am taking a dairy free one.

I can relate and was very happy to see that others have experienced this.

Monica