• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

ok about 4 months ago out of no were i got this fever and i missed 2 days of school and it happened to be while i was on my period i didnt have ne sympotoms of a cold or nothing jus a fever of maybe 101.4ish it only lasted 2 days well then the next month came around and i got the fever again but my period was a week late so it wasnt during my period well i was only out of school for a day then the next month came i think i had a fever but i never checked because i really didnt wanna bother with it and i was jus to scared to know then jus a few days ago i started feelin really nasty and sure enough i had a fever again it was only for a day i think it didnt last that long because i took airborn when ever i got the fever but i have no idea y i get it or what might be my problem is this like a symptom of cancer? cuz im kinda worryed about that and y do i only get a fever y dont i get ne thing else well i hope you guys can help me cuz im gettin scared i havent gone to the doctor yet either cuz im afraid that they arent gonna know whats wrong with me and tell me its nothing so i want someone elses oppinion first so has ne one ever had this problem before? is it because of celiac disease? or do i have someother problem? thanks for the help

I finally went to the doctor, after several years of that - I would sometimes run a fever for 2 weeks. I lost time at work, I didn't do much, etc. Anyway, the doc put me in the hospital because they couldn't figure out why I had the fever, the docs at the hospital never figured out why I had the fever either. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. They only released me because after 2 days, the fever finally went away.

I discovered, myself, about 2 years ago, that I run a fever when I eat anything with yeast...for me it was a food issue. It started out small then built and built until it was consistant with only eating yeast. However, that is just me...

You should go to the doc, next time you are running a fever and have them run some blood tests to see if you white blood counts are OK or high - that will tell them if you are fighting something. Mine were always normal so they didn't know what to look for...

hmmm...i guess eating yeast explains it cuz i surely dont stay on my diet but 4 months of this fever i guess i should stay on my diet cuz it does freak me out so what all has yeast in it i know like bread but what else? oh man ihope its jus from eatin yeast cuz i dont want cancer or something worse lol thanks for the help do you by ne chance know why i only have it for 1 or 2 days and it comes back about the same time the next month? jus wonderin well thanks for the help!

Actually, there are other people with yeast intolerance and I have NOT seen anyone else with fever issues associated with yeast, only me.

It could be gluten - it could be related to your hormones - it could be nothing other than the start of a cold - it could be anything. Mine started very random and it took years for it to settle into a pattern.

You should call your gyno with a question for the nurse or doc, if this consistantly happens near or during your period, and ask if this can be considered normal. You pay the docs, they pay the nurses, I use their services whenever I need to...

Using Airborne may or may not help, but you should certainly consider washing your hands whenever you leave school, whenever you eat, and the minute you walk in your own front door. Also consider keeping Wipees in your car to use as soon as you leave the grocery store. I'm not kidding--just think how many people have sneezed, blown their noses, and then pushed a shopping cart around. Yecch.

Guest ChloeB
ok about 4 months ago out of no were i got this fever and i missed 2 days of school and it happened to be while i was on my period i didnt have ne sympotoms of a cold or nothing jus a fever of maybe 101.4ish it only lasted 2 days well then the next month came around and i got the fever again but my period was a week late so it wasnt during my period well i was only out of school for a day then the next month came i think i had a fever but i never checked because i really didnt wanna bother with it and i was jus to scared to know then jus a few days ago i started feelin really nasty and sure enough i had a fever again it was only for a day i think it didnt last that long because i took airborn when ever i got the fever but i have no idea y i get it or what might be my problem is this like a symptom of cancer? cuz im kinda worryed about that and y do i only get a fever y dont i get ne thing else well i hope you guys can help me cuz im gettin scared i havent gone to the doctor yet either cuz im afraid that they arent gonna know whats wrong with me and tell me its nothing so i want someone elses oppinion first so has ne one ever had this problem before? is it because of celiac disease? or do i have someother problem? thanks for the help

one night I woke up feeling horable so I stayed home that day from school, I also stayed home the next day,too! isnt that wierd we were both sick for two days! then a weeks later I was on the bu with a huge headache and when got home I siad hi to my dad and went outside after that [sorry to say this gross thing!] I got sick on the front porch! so went back inside and took a two hour or threehour nap and woke up feeling great nd just intime for dinner to! one thing I cant imagine hat I still went to school the next day! my omsiad that m geting sick and geting headaches alot might be signs of celiac disease! So those might be signs for you too! :o so sorry to say so but they could be ! also if you get to feeling bad again takeing a long nap might help!

glad to help , chloe

You need to stay on the diet. Before going gluten free I was having fevers for months, now only occasionally. You are silently damaging your body if you have celiac and are not sticking to the diet.