• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

TinkerbellSwt

Got Sooo Sick

Rate this topic

Yesterday me and my dh took my son to Philadelphia for his visit to the cardiologist. It started out a great day. After getting great news from the cardiologist, we proceeded to Mr Ritts bakery. All I can say about that is YUMMY. I bought a cheesecake, with raspberry in it. It tasted like heaven. He also made a new bread since I have been there last, an Artisian Olive Bread. It was fantastic. I keep just eating plain slices.

After we headed back into New Jersey, we stopped at the same Wendys we always do on our way home. I had my usual plain salad and baked potato. I even splurged for a frosty.

We couldnt have been home for 10 minutes when the nausea started. I began throwing up violently. The pain I was in was awful. I was ready to go back to the hospital. I had some oxycodone at home that the GI had initially prescribed me, and after two of those the pain finally went away.

The only thing I can think of was some kind of CC at Wendys.

Today I just feel sluggish and miserable.

I just wanted to share my only bad experience with Wendys and I dont blame anyone. I wasnt clear with them what i needed. I will be more diligent from now on.

Yesterday me and my dh took my son to Philadelphia for his visit to the cardiologist. It started out a great day. After getting great news from the cardiologist, we proceeded to Mr Ritts bakery. All I can say about that is YUMMY. I bought a cheesecake, with raspberry in it. It tasted like heaven. He also made a new bread since I have been there last, an Artisian Olive Bread. It was fantastic. I keep just eating plain slices.

After we headed back into New Jersey, we stopped at the same Wendys we always do on our way home. I had my usual plain salad and baked potato. I even splurged for a frosty.

We couldnt have been home for 10 minutes when the nausea started. I began throwing up violently. The pain I was in was awful. I was ready to go back to the hospital. I had some oxycodone at home that the GI had initially prescribed me, and after two of those the pain finally went away.

The only thing I can think of was some kind of CC at Wendys.

Today I just feel sluggish and miserable.

I just wanted to share my only bad experience with Wendys and I dont blame anyone. I wasnt clear with them what i needed. I will be more diligent from now on.

Sorry you got so sick, hope you feel better real soon!

Guest nini

sorry you got sick... I've had reactions from Wendy's from their handling of the baked potato if they didn't change gloves before hand, maybe loaded a burger on a bun right before helping me...

Hope you get feeling better soon.It must have been from Wendy's, I don't think it was from Mr. RItts. I'll have to try the new bread from there and the cheesecake to......

get better

mamaw