• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

nilam

Hi Im Newwwwww 2 This Site

Rate this topic

hi every1 in new 2 this site.. im 20 yrs old from uk, n 4 the past year ive lost so much weight n become so weak!.. its onli till last week a diff doc suggested ive got celiac n avoid nethin with gluten.. n its literally been been 2days since ive changed my diet n ive noticed tht my stomach isnt churning as much as how it wud, n i dnt feel like im bein chokd 2 death!.. sooo pretty much think ive got this... im havin my endscopy on monday!...n im scared :( in the past year ive lost so much weight n beme so thin.... i wana b nice n healthy agen.. but at least i no im not alone...

well guys i thort id introduce myself!..

tcc

:rolleyes:

Guest nini

if you are having the endoscopy you really shouldn't be off of gluten yet. You need to be consuming gluten in order for the test to be valid. Also, have they done bloodwork yet? There are five tests on the Celiac panel that need to be done before the endoscopy. And when they do the biopsy they need to take a minimum of 6-8 samples.

If you are feeling better on the diet after just two days though, it is highly likely that even if your tests come back negative or inconclusive that you are still gluten intolerant.

if you are having the endoscopy you really shouldn't be off of gluten yet. You need to be consuming gluten in order for the test to be valid. Also, have they done bloodwork yet? There are five tests on the Celiac panel that need to be done before the endoscopy. And when they do the biopsy they need to take a minimum of 6-8 samples.

If you are feeling better on the diet after just two days though, it is highly likely that even if your tests come back negative or inconclusive that you are still gluten intolerant.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. There are a great bunch of people here that will help guide you through the learning curves. I also lost a lot of weight (53 pounds) and did not gain any of it back. But, I am 64 and that might have something to do with it.

Hi Nilam, and welcome to the group. I agree with everything Nini says. You should be eating gluten for the testing, and should have had your bloodwork done before the endoscopy. But your fast positive response to the diet is pretty good evidence that your problem is celiac disease.

Would you mind writing in regular English? I have had great trouble reading your post (and I am sure a few others who are 'a little older' would appreciate it, too). Thanks!