• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I have only placed one order thru' Azure Standard, a bulk and natural foods company that delivers in the Western US, but was very happy with them. I'm just getting ready to place a second order and got to thinking that maybe other people would be interested, but didn't know about them. They have a large selection of natural foods and a lot of gluten-free stuff. They even deliver refrigerated/frozen stuff. If you're close to their trucking route, the shipping is free. Their website is www.azurestandard.com

They deliver to: WA, OR, ID, MT, CA, WY, NE, IA, MN, ND, NV - hope I got all those right.

Their prices are very reasonable, compared to health food stores, but you have to buy in bulk. I like getting a 25 lb. sack of br. rice flour, but I know some people don't. You can get some single items too. For example, a package of Namaste chocolate cake mix costs $4.70. At our HFS, it's over $7. (Although I just realized that if you have an account, the prices shown are cheaper than if you're just browsing.)

Liz,

I haven't ordered from them since I found out I was allergic to a lot of items I used to purchase from them. :( I used to get all my grain from them and grind it myself. I also buy nuts as they are much less than stores. For instance cashew pieces raw for a 25 pound bag is around $100. I need to place an order for those soon. I know they also sell bean flours but haven't placed an order since the birth of my son 6 months ago. I stocked up before that. I really like them. I have learned that it's best to call and place your order. One of my orders on the computer placed my order 3 hours north of where I live. Got my delivery the next week but the frozen stuff had thawed out. They gave me credit for that though. Since my family just came off the vegan diet I haven't checked out there meat offerings. They have soy for those that can eat soy. They carry Tofutti and White Wave as well as Mori-Nu. Pretty much anything is lower cost than the stores. We have a Wild Oats store about 40 minutes south of us. They are more expensive than regular supermarkets but have good product. I always look forward to the savings of Azure Standard though. :D