• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I've been using rolaids because I was told they were gluten-free, then picked up a book with some info on celiac disease which said they are not gluten-free, so I emailed them, they wrote back saying they cannot guarantee there is no gluten in them EEERRRR

what do you guys use? tums are a no no too, right?

thanks

I use the regular Rolaids and am fine. I also use Pepcid AC. (Which will also say "we don't put gluten in it, but can't guarantee the suppliers...."), It's just a CYA thing. But do NOT get "fast melts or chews", those DO have gluten.

thanks I've been taking the newer multi-symptom ones they're much better, helps with gas too

Guest Viola

My doctor advises the use of Gaviscon instead of Rolaids, as part of the Rolaids working process can cause the runs. Gaviscon is gluten free.

I have been using Zantac 75 and it works great. It doesn't help with gas, though. You can take the Gas-X gel caps, but not the chewables.

Good luck!

TUms and rolaids make my heartburn worse. I don't know why, but they don't help at all! I have been taking Prilosec again.

I read somewhere that Orange peel extract can cure heartburn. Bought some today and I am taking it, but it was $30.00 for a box of 10 and they recommend 1000mg a day for 20 days. It has a patent on it.

I am not very hopeful though, because nothing works it seems. I will let you know if it is my miracle cure.

Monica

All the Rx meds make it worse for me, baking soda helps and I started on DGL again