This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Rolaids?

ebrbetty

ebrbetty Rising Star

I've been using rolaids because I was told they were gluten-free, then picked up a book with some info on celiac disease which said they are not gluten-free, so I emailed them, they wrote back saying they cannot guarantee there is no gluten in them EEERRRR

what do you guys use? tums are a no no too, right?

thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

StrongerToday Enthusiast

I use the regular Rolaids and am fine. I also use Pepcid AC. (Which will also say "we don't put gluten in it, but can't guarantee the suppliers...."), It's just a CYA thing. But do NOT get "fast melts or chews", those DO have gluten.

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks I've been taking the newer multi-symptom ones they're much better, helps with gas too

Guest Viola

My doctor advises the use of Gaviscon instead of Rolaids, as part of the Rolaids working process can cause the runs. Gaviscon is gluten free.

wolfie Enthusiast

I have been using Zantac 75 and it works great. It doesn't help with gas, though. You can take the Gas-X gel caps, but not the chewables.

Good luck!

Guhlia Rising Star

Woah... I thought regular TUMS were safe? Anyone know for sure?

dionnek Enthusiast

what about the chewable Immodium AD (anti gas and anti diarhea)?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

key Contributor

TUms and rolaids make my heartburn worse. I don't know why, but they don't help at all! I have been taking Prilosec again.

I read somewhere that Orange peel extract can cure heartburn. Bought some today and I am taking it, but it was $30.00 for a box of 10 and they recommend 1000mg a day for 20 days. It has a patent on it.

I am not very hopeful though, because nothing works it seems. I will let you know if it is my miracle cure.

Monica

ebrbetty Rising Star

All the Rx meds make it worse for me, baking soda helps and I started on DGL again

SueC Explorer

Tums are NOT guarenteed to be gluten-free. I would stop taking them.

Archived