• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

VydorScope

Toddler Glutened!

Rate this topic

Well we have held of the ineveitble glutne monster for a long long time with huge success. But with a toddler its realy just a matter of time....

So question for all you parents while we wiat out the big D (currently in full force, multiple per day since Sunday) is there any to help umm improve the consitancy a bit for such a little one?

Thanks!

Back to the BRAT diet.... Bananas, Rice... more Bananas and Rice...

Any idea how hard that is with him? He does not like rice, and only likes bananas occasionaly. heh. Fun! He will eat the food for life brown rice bread with peanuttbutter on it though. Apples.. again only occasioanly... heh.

Guest nini

When Chey gets "glutened" I give her 1/3 of a Pepto Bismol chewable... then a little later another 1/3 then if she's still cramping and has D, the 3rd piece... I don't usually have to give her more than 1 tablet a day, but if it's really bad I've had to give her the 1/3 dose more often... also, I just have her munch on EnerG crackers until she feels like eating anything, then if she feels like eating, she gets rice, bananas and applesauce with the EnerG crackers.

that's about it..

will he drink gingerale? or ginger lemonade? ginger helps me, and might help him...

will he drink gingerale? or ginger lemonade? ginger helps me, and might help him...

Yepp been drinking Gatorade "Rain" all week. Ginger ale? Prbly ... never tried but he loves soda LOL

Nini.. Does the pepto bismol chewable help with D? He is not acting like he is in pain at all, so dont think he is crampinng... though he would never let you know! Heck just yesterday he was DEMANDING peperoni LOL.

Guest nini
Nini.. Does the pepto bismol chewable help with D? He is not acting like he is in pain at all, so dont think he is crampinng... though he would never let you know! Heck just yesterday he was DEMANDING peperoni LOL.

yes it helps with the D... in fact, when I was a child, my mom had liquid Pepto on hand all the time for me. She kept it in the fridge cos cold is the only way I'd take it. But since I was undiagnosed Celiac all my life, no wonder my mom bought lots of Pepto. Chey likes the chewables better than the liquid, the liquid makes her gag.

yes it helps with the D... in fact, when I was a child, my mom had liquid Pepto on hand all the time for me. She kept it in the fridge cos cold is the only way I'd take it. But since I was undiagnosed Celiac all my life, no wonder my mom bought lots of Pepto. Chey likes the chewables better than the liquid, the liquid makes her gag.

THanks! I will hopefully be able to get some tommorow and tyr it.

I just wanted to add that the last time Cole stayed sick that long from a glutening, I finally figured out that the Log Cabin Pancake syrup I had been giving him had been reformulated and had gluten in it. Cole is usually only sick with D a couple days. They may just be completely different, but just thought I'd mention it in case you guys are in the same fix.

I just wanted to add that the last time Cole stayed sick that long from a glutening, I finally figured out that the Log Cabin Pancake syrup I had been giving him had been reformulated and had gluten in it. Cole is usually only sick with D a couple days. They may just be completely different, but just thought I'd mention it in case you guys are in the same fix.

With Tim our expernce tells us one dose = 2 weeks rougly of fun. :(

Thankfully all my kids now use the toilet!! :D Wow, I sure don't miss that! Good luck with it. With the mentioning of ginger, which is good for an upset tummy, I wonder if gluten free ginger snaps would help??