• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

elonwy

Cedarlane 5 Layer Bean Dip

Rate this topic

I'm going to call the company monday, but I bought some Cedar Lane 100% gluten free bean dip, then read the ingredients last night. Nothing in the ingredients has anything that would indicate the presence of wheat, but in the "contains" section underneath the ingredients it says "wheat". WTH?

I'm hoping this is a box mislabeling issue, but its very confusing. Anyone else see this?

Elonwy

Wow... These are one of my favorite snacks! I just pulled mine out of the freezer and mine says contains wheat also. Ugh... I've been eating them for months though without a problem. Let us know what you find out please.

Carla, thanks. It's a misprint which way? The gluten free is wrong or the wheat is wrong. I'm assuming that it's safe, but I just wanted to check before diving into it the next time.

I did the same thing! I bought it because it said gluten free, I went to cook it and wondered what it had in it, saw the "contains wheat", read the ingredients, put it back in the freezer, emailed the company, decided it had to be a misprint because it said gluten free and none of the ingredients were suspect, so I ate it. Then I heard back from the company that it was a misprint. I didn't think I was taking a chance, I really was quite sure it was a mistake.

For those of you trying to gain weight, that box of dip is easy to polish off all by yourself with some chips ... the whole box contains something like 600 calories! And that's not counting the chips.