This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Target & Gluten Free Products

Guest Dawn_literacy

Guest Dawn_literacy

Hi, this is my first post here. My husband has suffered with celiac disease for about 6 years. I am writing because in the last 6 months or so we have noticed that Target has been carrying some gluten free products like: pizza dough mix by arrow head mills, quinona pasta, frozen french fries, cookie and chocolate cake mixes, and I am sure there are other things that I can't remember.

This has been great for us. The convience is almost liberating.

I am writing here, because I want to make it easier for my husband to enjoy the occasional beer.

If Target can have all of these other special products, why can't they use their buying power to get gluten free beer in their stores. Please e-mail Target and request them to carry one of the gluten free brands of beer. I know of New Grist, but I also know there are some other options out there. (If you don't like Target, write to K-mart or Wal-Mart or Publix....or write to them all)

This Christmas my father who lives in IL sent my husband some New Grist as his Christmas present. He bought 2 - 6 packs and I think with shipping it was over $80. I can't seem to find a distributor in FL where I can get it any cheaper.

I would love to get a big chain turned on to the needs of celiac sufferers. So maybe other products such as the "hamburger helper"-like meals (I'm not sure who make them) and ready to eat baked goods could be readily available.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. BTW if you do use the arrow head mills pizza dough mix, try adding some sugar to the yeast, it yields much better results than the recipe listed on the box.

Dawn

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

Welcome to the board! I'm glad you're being so proactive! Yay for you, it's a great idea!!!

Mrs. Leepers makes some hamburger helper like mixes. I had the beef stroganoff one and it actually wasn't bad! I added a little sour cream to help it out a little, but other than that, totally edible! Even the non-gluten-free DH enjoyed it. :) Here's a link to some of their stuff:

Open Original Shared Link

Guest Dawn_literacy

Mrs. Leepers makes some hamburger helper like mixes.

Oh, yes, that is the stuff. I do not have celiac but I love it. I like the tuna "helper" and the chicken "helper" also. Don't really care for the cheeseburger mac, but my husband loves it. I just wish we could get it from more mainstream sources. I feel sorry for people who live in rural communities that don't have access to a selection of health/whole food stores.

BTW just looking at the posts so far, you are the prettiest bunch of people collectively. Maybe it is the gluten that makes the rest of us so homely!!!!

Dawn

Archived