• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lister

Lays Orginal Chips + One Other Question

Rate this topic

i cant have the stax because i seem to react to them-maybe the soy or milk. I just got some original lays because it has almost nothing on the ingrediants, but then i rememberd CC issues, so i wanted to make sure that no one has had a issue with them.

also i just got some tyson chicken and its enhanced with a chicken broth, the ingredants for the broth is- chicken broth, sea salt,flavorings- anyone had these chicken its the 100% natural breasts. i cant get tyson to respond to a email, and there 1800 is offline i really want chicken i have been eating pork for 4 days in a row now. Im just scared to eat it without nowing

Hi Lister--I eat the Lay's Natural Thick Cut Chips and their Kettle Cooked Chips. Their chips (except the Stax) are not made on dedicated lines, but I have not had a problem with them. Strangely, I have had a reaction to the Stax--probably the dairy CC.

The chicken I'm not familiar with. It's best to look for plain meats--just chicken, pork or beef with no additives or ingredients listed at all--from the regular meat case.

yeah unforntualy the stores around here only cary chicken with broth added :( i hope its safe.. so lays are safe then? or is there alot of cc issues?? im hungry :(

o well i have some pork still so i guess i will just do that again i know thats safe, its hormel i love companys like hormel that make all of this so much easyer

As far as the chips go, all you can do is try them if you want to. They don't bother me, but I'm sure that there are people that can't eat them. I wish there was a guarantee, but there just isn't.

By USDA law, if chicken or another raw meat has something with nutritional value -- including wheat barley, rye, oats -- it has to be clearly listed. All you need to do is read. I've never found a plain chicken or turkey with gluten. The chicken broth is just that, chicken juices.

richard

i did read i listed the ingredits and it has a flavorings, on the ingreditns it says chicken broth-chicken broth made with, broth,seasalt,flavorings(im scared as to what the flavorings is)

o well the pork will atleast be diffrent tonight- i just got a bbq o yeah o yeah o yeah its gonna be sweeeeeeet

ugh i think i glutened myself or made myself sick from my bbq, i made the mistake of buying a tephlon tray for it, this normaly would not be a problem since im going to be the only one using it, but i used a metal spatual and scraped the tephlon onto my grill and i still ate the pork, now my stomic is poping a crap load, i guess it could just be me digesting the food but ugh it wont stop making the poping noises

i also think i ate 1 or 2 masquitos mmmm lol

i guess the poping could also be caused by the fact that i did eat like 4 or 5 lays chips to see if i got a slight reaction so this could be it. darn i guess i will give the chips to my girlfriend and roommate more money waisted, its also not pain just noises i think its gas passing thru but its not coming out wierd. lol ok back onto topic sorry

i love my bbq o yeah o yeah o yeah-15 doller propane grill but man it does the job