• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

i was on a website that was promoting Larabar Bars, Cashew Cookie flavor and i wanted to know if they were any good?

I like the chocolate flavor very much. I like most of the other flavors too, but I usually put nut butter on all of them, so I'm probably not the best at distinguishing between the flavors. The only one I don't care for is the Cherry flavor and THAT is mostly because I seem to get a tummy ache when I eat them.

I like the cashew cookie ones, but the apple pie and the pecan pie are my favorites. Has anyone tried the new Cinnamon Roll ones?

Depends on who ya ask! ;-) These seem to vary by person, whether you like them or not. I like the chocolate coconut, apple pie, and ginger snap flavors. I distinctly dislike the cherry pie flavor, and am pretty ambivalent on the cashew cookie and banana flavors. If they're available, I'd pick up Clif Nectar bars over these, myself. Or Ruth's Flax bars.

Two of my daughters LOVE them. I think they're okay. When my husband tried one he said, "You're cross is way too heavy for me to bear." I take that to mean he hated them ... one bite, and he gave the rest away.

I'm allergic to pecans and walnuts, so of the ones I can eat, I think they're gross. And they aren't good for my blood sugar. Sorry, they're too sweet and oddly textured for me.

Well, I tried the Cherry Pie and after 1 bite, I threw it out. I do have an Apple Pie one to try, but I have been hesitant to try it. I think the Pecan Pie sounds good. Maybe I'll have it for snack today and give it another try.

Guest nini

did not like the cherry pie one, love the banana cookie one and the apple pie one, the ginger one is outright GROSS!!!!

lara bars have a unique taste ---can't say they are wonderful but I do eat them. My fav is the boomi bar. Lara bars has a new line called maya bars. I had a choc mint one and it was fairly good. If anyone is new a whole foods thay have these on special quite often.

mamaw

2nd on the Clif Nectar bars -- particularly the lemon one whose name I don't remember. I've been patiently waiting for the local market to restock them, but now I think I'm going to have to order some myself.

I like the cashew cookie ones, but the apple pie and the pecan pie are my favorites. Has anyone tried the new Cinnamon Roll ones?

Yes, good taste, different texture. Not sure I can get over the texture.

I LOVE the banana one. I get the chocolate one when my brownie cravings are unbearable. Chocolatey, chewy, does the job.

FYI - I called the company that makes ZonePerfect bars yesterday and they said that they have 7 gluten-free flavors. Chocolate almond raisin, chocolate coconut crunch (I like these), chocolate raspberry, fudge graham, mango orange, peanut toffee, and strawberry yogurt.

Yes, good taste, different texture. Not sure I can get over the texture.

Just tried the Clif bars for the first time ... they are much better than the Lara bars IMHO. The Lara bars taste good, but it is the texture that is strange. I still like the Bumblebars the best, but the Clif ones went better with my chai at Starbucks today.

I am currently eating one of the new Maya bars by Larabar. It's good. I got the chocolate mint flavor. I think I still prefer Clif Nectar, but these seem to be a little more filling for some reason. I have absolutely no ounce of hunger left after eating this. It's nice to have more options too.