This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Good Doctors In Alaska Or Seattle

LisaS

LisaS Newbie

Does anyone know of any good doctors in Alaska? I live in Wasilla which is close to Anchorage.

I have family in Seattle so that could be an option too.

Thanks

LisaS

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gf4life Enthusiast

Hi LisaS,

I found these support groups and a recommended doctor here on the Celiac.com site. I hope that they can point you to a good doctor in your area, or that you could see the one in Seattle. I would check the support groups first, and see whom they recommend.

Local Celiac Disease Support Groups

Anchorage Resource:

815 W. 12th Avenue

Anchorage, AK 99501

Tel: (907) 279-9856

E-mail: michelej@alaska.net

Anchorage - Resource:

16001 Goldenview Dr.

Anchorage, AK 99516

Tel: (907) 345-2326

E-mail: bgrimes@ak.net

Washington (Recommended Doctor from the Doctors list on Celiac.com)

Richard H. Driscoll Jr., M. D. - Gastroenterologist

515 Monor, Suite 200

Seattle, Wa 98104-2138

Tel: (206) 386-9500

God bless,

Mariann :)

LisaS Newbie

Mariann,

I already talked to Michelle Johnson. She had some great info about the blood tests, but her doctor is not taking any new patients. poohey!

I have not been able to get a hold of the other contact. Sent a few emails with no response.

I think I will try a local doctor to get the blood work done, then go to Seattle if I need a biopsy. Thanks for the contact.

Anyone know if a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathics) would be more opened minded than an MD?

LisaS

kejohe Apprentice

Lisa!! Hi I live in Anchorage and have a 3 y/o with celiac disease. He was diagnosed 2 years ago, and has a great ped, but I was really dissapointed with the gastroenteroligist that we were refered to. Michelle was good with contact information and I think she had some good website suggestions too. But I would suggest calling a diatician I know at Prov, e-mail me and I can give you her number. She has taught a few gluten free cooking classes with me at Allen & Peterson. I bet she would have the names of some good doc's.

It's so cool that I saw your message because I just e-mailed a bunch of the people who took my last gluten free cooking class to see if they wanted to get together for a gluten-free BBQ or dinner/get together sometime. There was one gal who tried to get a support group going, but I guess it didn't go over that well.

Anyway, send me an e-mail and we can chat a little. Good to see someone else form Alaska on this board!

• 4 years later...
Aleshia Contributor

I saw a bad report about dr. driscoll but I don' know if it was just someone who is hard to get along with saying that he is abrupt and doesn't like patient input... anyway there is another dr. that I just got an appointment with (not until the 16th though :( ) anyway its dr. young oh and he's at the same clinic

Open Original Shared Link

on the search I did it said his interests include celiac disease and osteoporosis which is why I got an appointment with him

hope that helps

tom Contributor
Does anyone know of any good doctors in Alaska? I live in Wasilla which is close to Anchorage.

Hi Lisa!

Didn't expect to see Wasilla mentioned here - I've been there pretty much, for a californian.

My brother lived there.

Speaking of which, I'm sure you've been to Hatcher Pass.

My brother was the Chief Ranger there for years.

Wish I had doc info . .. ..hope you find a good one. :)

napoli Newbie
I saw a bad report about dr. driscoll but I don' know if it was just someone who is hard to get along with saying that he is abrupt and doesn't like patient input... anyway there is another dr. that I just got an appointment with (not until the 16th though :( ) anyway its dr. young oh and he's at the same clinic

Open Original Shared Link

on the search I did it said his interests include celiac disease and osteoporosis which is why I got an appointment with him

hope that helps

Hi! Anyone else know of good seattle drs? I was just about to call dr. driscoll. I want someone who is conducting research re celiac disease . . . . Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

napoli Newbie

Hi! Anyone else know of good seattle drs? I was just about to call dr. driscoll. I want someone who is conducting research re celiac disease . . . . Thanks!

Archived