• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Turtle

Question For The Recipe That Was Posted For...

Rate this topic

The recipe calls for potato starch...is that the same as EnerG Potato Mix??

Has anyone tried the recipe on the back of the EnerG Potato Mix box for choc chip cookies??

Thanks for anyone who can help the Turtle who has baking challenges...HAHA!

The recipe calls for potato starch...is that the same as EnerG Potato Mix??

Has anyone tried the recipe on the back of the EnerG Potato Mix box for choc chip cookies??

Thanks for anyone who can help the Turtle who has baking challenges...HAHA!

Hi Turtle! I have made the wheat free cookie recipe that was posted here twice. It is really good, and since I can't tolerate any grains, it is perfect for me. I used Ener-G Potato Starch Flour. (Potato starch only) I followed the recipe exactly, using Crisco the first time and Spectrum Organic Shortening the second. I will use the Spectrum in the future. I also left the cookies on the baking sheet a few extra minutes--the hot cookies are very tender but they firm up well as they cool. Good luck with them--it's a really easy recipe, and the cookies are delicious! :D

Thank you dear. Of course I don't have the potato starch and the thought of having to go back to the store PAINS me...SO I guess since I have the Gluten Free Pantry cookie mix i'll just use that this time around and do the Toll House one the next time....

I tell ya, gluten-free baking gives me indigestion at times b/c it never fails, I get all ready to turn my kitchen into a gluten-free bakehouse like a good lil Turtle & it always seems i'm missing just one ingredient! HAH!

Thank you dear. Of course I don't have the potato starch and the thought of having to go back to the store PAINS me...SO I guess since I have the Gluten Free Pantry cookie mix i'll just use that this time around and do the Toll House one the next time....

I tell ya, gluten-free baking gives me indigestion at times b/c it never fails, I get all ready to turn my kitchen into a gluten-free bakehouse like a good lil Turtle & it always seems i'm missing just one ingredient! HAH!

I hear ya!! Enjoy your cookies :D

I also left the cookies on the baking sheet a few extra minutes--the hot cookies are very tender but they firm up well as they cool.

I HIGHLY reccommend using parchment paper when baking anything on a baking sheet. gluten-free baked goods are an extra challenge because they seem to be stickier. Parchment makes it a breeeeeeze ;)

And no frustrating attempts to scrape your $15,000 (those ingredients are spendy!) cookie off your pans!

Anyone have that recipe or the link for it. I'm just starting to browse this category. :D