• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Afternoon all... I have a question someone will know answer to. I am on a 4 day rotation diet to keep from developing more food allergies and need to know where lamb fits in the protein families, hope it is not beef.

years ago I followed this plan and was able to get over BAD diarhea (dropped weight to 104 Lbs) and got off the special diet. Took a few years..think now it was a warning of Celiac disease around 1990 but no Dr. (not even @ Mayo clinic ) came up/ Celiac then. Maybe just did not have right Dr. I have added some food allergies lately such as some fruits and chicken, also milk. Does anyone know if safe to eat yogurt/ lactaid?

I have nearly gotten the D stopped but not the nauseau, especially after breakfast. anyone have that problem too?

I am now 77 yrs young so I may not have a lot of time to get myself into a good place/ my digestive health, especially since we are far from a health food store. but I d o plan to send an order soon for some staples. our oldest daughter who comes every few months is 25 mile from one & she finds some unusual foods and gluten free foods for me. Thank you so much for any help you can give me. evie

Evie, I am not sure what your exact question is. Are you asking if lamb is beef? If you are, then the answer is, "No, it is meat from a sheep, as in a little lamb" (and I think they call meat from a grown sheep lamb as well, I guess it sounds better).

And a rotation diet is a good idea. I try rotating the few foods I have left as well. Too bad I can't rotate pears :D , the only fruit I can still eat! And I am afraid that I am starting to show a beginning allergy to them. So, I try to at least vary the different kinds of pears I eat.

Evie, I am not sure what your exact question is. Are you asking if lamb is beef? If you are, then the answer is, "No, it is meat from a sheep, as in a little lamb" (and I think they call meat from a grown sheep lamb as well, I guess it sounds better).

And a rotation diet is a good idea. I try rotating the few foods I have left as well. Too bad I can't rotate pears :D , the only fruit I can still eat! And I am afraid that I am starting to show a beginning allergy to them. So, I try to at least vary the different kinds of pears I eat.

Thanks for your answer Ursula!! I really did not think lamb and beef were from the same family. I wonder why we both seem to get allergic to fruit so easily, could it be because of the natural sugar? I do have a few more I can eat than pears but I sure do enjoy them. I have noticed that if I really like something it is quite possible to get allergic to that food. A year ago I was really liking oatmeal and that was next allergy!! I was on the rotation diet years ago, might have been a good idea if had stayed on it permanently, might have less food allergies. I am also chemically sensitive to many different things such as smoke, petroleum products, paint + mold and ragweed, some flowers, some trees and etc. I get monthly allergy shots for the worst ones...I think being on the gluten free diet has helped me have less problems with them. Yeah!! :rolleyes: THX evie

Thanks for your answer Ursula!! I really did not think lamb and beef were from the same family. I wonder why we both seem to get allergic to fruit so easily, could it be because of the natural sugar? I do have a few more I can eat than pears but I sure do enjoy them. I have noticed that if I really like something it is quite possible to get allergic to that food. A year ago I was really liking oatmeal and that was next allergy!! I was on the rotation diet years ago, might have been a good idea if had stayed on it permanently, might have less food allergies. I am also chemically sensitive to many different things such as smoke, petroleum products, paint + mold and ragweed, some flowers, some trees and etc. I get monthly allergy shots for the worst ones...I think being on the gluten free diet has helped me have less problems with them. Yeah!! :rolleyes: THX evie

Hi, I am glad the diet is helping you a bit. Lamb and mutton are from a different family than beef. I believe goats would be in the same family as sheep but don't expect you'll be eating too many of those. Buffalo meat which is readily available in my local markets would be related to beef though. I also just wanted to make sure you know that oatmeal in the US is often crosscontaminated and many of us need to avoid it, both as food and as a cosmetic or shampoo ingredient. As time goes by gluten-free you may find your other allergies are actually getting better. I only have a couple bad weeks now in the spring when the maples bloom. Before diagnosis I skin tested as allergic to everything except beech trees. Be sure you check all your toiletries etc and welcome to the board