• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

mbg98

Oooppss!

Rate this topic

Okay so I know i was wrong but I had a relapse, after bieng gluten-free for 3 months I ate pizza tonight! It wasn't a moment of weakness just pure stupidity on my part! I wanted it and I ate it (it really wasn't as good as i remember). So far no ill effects other than the brain fog, and idegestion, so now its a wait and run for the bathroom game i guess. I am still having trouble with my eating, I can't seem to get over feeling sorry for myself and that I can't eat what everyone else does so I make myself feel better with a bag of peanut M&M's. It's crazy I know I need to get over it and focus because I hold the power to make it work for myself no one else can! Im trying, I work out 6 days a week 2 with a trainer but like today I work out then eat M&M's (and Pizza) I need to get over it already!! Mabey the pizza will make me feel so lousy that I will finally get that gluten-free is my new life and I need to embrace it not wallow in it!! Anyway Thanks for hearing me think!

It's okay to mess up once in a while, especially when you're new to the whole gluten-free thing. You shouldn't deprive yourself of tasty food though. Just be sure to make lots of healthier gluten-free versions of pizza, cookies, cake etc. etc. and indulge every once in a while. You should try Chebe pizza crust. www.chebe.com. It's awesome.

Everyone has accidents but if it was intentional thats really not ok. I hope you do not get a bad reaction and your intestines I hope heal very quickly. Maybe there is something you like to eat that you know you can have and kind of eat it whenever you have a craving for something you can't have.

I hope you don't get too sick. Everyone must try hard who is gluten intolerant. It's not like a weightloss plan where if you slip it's not going to cause that much damage, you just get back on the die wagon again. This is a serious disease. I guess it is a bit easier for me to avoid those things because I am allergic to wheat and oats, as well as the celiacs. If I eat wheat I can stop breathing within minutes. How's that for motivation?

Don't kick yourself over it. You need to take care of yourself for you, and your family.

Okay so I know i was wrong but I had a relapse, after bieng gluten-free for 3 months I ate pizza tonight! It wasn't a moment of weakness just pure stupidity on my part! I wanted it and I ate it (it really wasn't as good as i remember). So far no ill effects other than the brain fog, and idegestion, so now its a wait and run for the bathroom game i guess. I am still having trouble with my eating, I can't seem to get over feeling sorry for myself and that I can't eat what everyone else does so I make myself feel better with a bag of peanut M&M's. It's crazy I know I need to get over it and focus because I hold the power to make it work for myself no one else can! Im trying, I work out 6 days a week 2 with a trainer but like today I work out then eat M&M's (and Pizza) I need to get over it already!! Mabey the pizza will make me feel so lousy that I will finally get that gluten-free is my new life and I need to embrace it not wallow in it!! Anyway Thanks for hearing me think!

If those are your sons in the picture...then there is your motivation! You want to be healthy and happy watching them grow up! Not following a gluten-free diet can lead to so many ailments that are life threatening...even if you do not have blatant symptoms!

Does that help?

Hang in there and good luck....