• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

DragonQueen

Is This Dh?

Rate this topic

hey everyone,

Yesterday at school I noticed that I had two red bumps on my arm. When I got home there were three more bumps on the same arm and 2 new ones on the other arm. Ive had these red bumps with little whiteheads before many times and they havent been diagnosed as dh, i just know its related to gluten ( it was previously diagnosed as shingles, follicqulitis, and many more. Ive been on many medicines too , antibiotics, etc.which never) but this is kinda different. The bumps have broken out faster, in 1 day I had 8 bumps on 1 arm and 3 on the other. Usually I get the bumps on my stomach in a line on both sides of my stomach ( sound very fimiliar with my arm right now) but ive never got the bumps on my arms. Im pretty sure it sounds like dh (because I think i got glutened or dairied lately and because of descriptions ive been reading) but I dont know why its on my arms and its breaking out SO fast? Anyone know why? Do you think its DH? Does dh go in a line because thats what my bumps are doing. moms taking me to the doctor but everytime we go its pointless.

*~**~***___KK___***~**~*

This sounds familiar to me to. But I wouldn't be able to say whether it is DH. I've got little red lumps right down one leg, more or less in a line, but a bit zigzaggy. They are not itchy, but a bit tender if squeezed. Why squeeze? Cause they look a bit pimply, but without a head. This is the first time I have seen them, and they've hung around for a couple of weeks, and are dissappearing. It could be to do with gluten. Being gluten free is about one of the hardest things I have ever done, and there is such a fine line to getting it right and getting it oh so wrong.

Cathy.

OMG, i just went to the doctor and she did say she was pretty sure it was dh. Difinately not stupid shingles, or faliculitis or excima. she said they looked pimply but do NOT pop them. anyways, shes convinced its DH but has set up for a biopsy next week. She said theres medicine but im too young to go on it and would rather just have me stay gluten free.

Well, look on the bright side...........if your biopsy is positive, that gives you a firm diagnosis of celiac disease, despite your inconclusive intestinal biopsy.