Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

So My Wife Loves Bread Right....

My wife will actually fondle the bread in the store, especially if it's warm.

Bread, Pastry, all that stuff, she just loves it.

I on the other hand am not all that interested in it. I mean bread's never really impressed me that much. I've always been a meat and potato's type of guy.

So a lot of the wheat I've been eating is incidental stuff...not bread. Pasta....crackers...croutons..fried foods etc...

With that in mind...has my body been trying to tell me something all along by not liking bread?

Anyone else take it or leave it.....

Guest nini

not me. I LOVED bread. I was devastated when I realized that I could never have my mom's famous homemade bread anymore, or the delicious warm loaves of bread they serve at restaurants... anyway, I've had to learn to like gluten-free breads... (notice I said "like" not "love"!)

I used to LOVE bread. I could eat bread for every meal and be happy with just that. Now it grosses me out. The bread isle in the store makes me nauseous. I don't miss it at all.

I never really liked bread, not really cookies or cakes, or anything. I do however miss the crap that's got wheat in it for no reason I can discern. It's like they sneak the wheat in there to bother me.

sorry for the random rant.

there are great gluten free alternatives, and you know, I am starting to really dig gluten free bread, it tastes good. I like bread now (potato bread, rice bread, tapioca bread)