• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I'm living in a place now where there are Amy's meals available and I really want to eat them! I have eaten the microwavable meals before with no problems, but I think I've reacted to the canned chili and beans. I know that a lot of people have been contaminated and I don't to get sick before I start my new job.

I haven't tried the chili, but eat all the other stuff with no problem. Sometimes beans get me gassy and give me a belly ache, so maybe it was just a natural, normal reaction to the beans rather than a gluten problem.

The tofu scrambler has gotten me 2x. But my daughter and I eat the mac and cheese, pizza, shepards pie and hot tamale pie with no problems.

Have had no problems with Amy's frozen food as long as it's the gluten-free stuff - Amy's make products with gluten.

I have never tried the canned chili though. The Mac and Cheese and Cheese Enchilidas are great!

No problems with Amy's for me. I Love their stuff, but just eat it as a treat for myself when I am too busy to cook or craving something special :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Guest cassidy

I got sick from the mexican bowl and the mac & cheese, so I won't eat those again. I do eat the mexican frozen meals with no problem. When I contacted them about cc several months ago they said they were moving many of the gluten-free meals to a new gluten-free plant. It is the pizza, the mac & cheese (I think), a new one that is pasta with tomato sauce and maybe something else. The woman said they would be in stores in June. I asked if the warning label that says if things are produced in a plant with allergens would be removed and she said they haven't decided.

I may email them and see if those products are on shelves and if there is a way to identify them.

I still find ones with gluten-free labels. I know there were debating about the allergens in the plant label. I guess many people were upset by it. I like to know, so I hope they keep it on so we can tell which meals are produced in a gluten-free plant.

Becky, could you be sensitive to soy?

Nope, I have eaten other soy things and even soy milk and never had a problem. Just that scrambler 2x. But I did buy them the same day so maybe a bad batch?

I have not had a problem with this brand and I definitely trust them from my experience. I am very sensitive and have not reacted.