• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Becky6

Trader Joes Ryless Rye Bread

Rate this topic

At Trader Joes. We just got one here last week. They also have the food for life rice bread for $2.49!!

2 and a half bucks. wow. it's 5 bucks around here. i don't think there is a trader joe's nearby. just shows you how much they may jack up the price on speciality items. ridiculous.

Aw, lucky you, my TJ's never has the ryeless rye!

I've never looked at their prices on the Food For Life bread, but it's always just out on the shelf with the regular bread. I always thought it needed to be frozen; do you think it's OK? I usually make my own bread, but I like to have one of the FFL loaves in the freezer as a back up!

- Lauren

Our Trader Joe's doesn't have any of the breads you're talking about. They have one really nasty brown rice bread that tastes just like my baking disasters used to and that's it. You must all be on the East Coast? I'm on the West.

Aw, lucky you, my TJ's never has the ryeless rye!

I've never looked at their prices on the Food For Life bread, but it's always just out on the shelf with the regular bread. I always thought it needed to be frozen; do you think it's OK? I usually make my own bread, but I like to have one of the FFL loaves in the freezer as a back up!

- Lauren

yea it should be frozen. it might be good for a short time on the shelf (like a few days), but there's no way to tell except by buying and eating it. that seems pretty dumb on their part.

Oooh, I'll watch for that one. Our Trader Joe's usually only has one gluten-free bread (it seems to rotate) and one tortilla that's okay. I do love their prices. I can spend $75 at Whole Foods and only get two bags of groceries, where I can get the same amount of food for $30 at TJ. Of course, they don't have the variety that WF has, but for meats and basic stuff, it's definitely a better deal.