• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Anglgrle3

Finally Feeling A Little Better

Rate this topic

after 2 years of feeling like blah, having bloody stool consistantly and throwing up all day for the last 6 weeks. I've offically been gluten free for 4 days and this is the first day i havent thrown up, my stomach hasnt hurt quite as much and i have a little more energy! :D

my mom suggested the idea of celiacs and going gluten free a while back, but i of course didnt listen, she brought it up again when she found out i lost more than 20 lbs and i moved home. (i had to quit my job and i couldnt take care of myself anymore) guess i should have listened to her earlier! but hey at least now i know my lesson.

still waiting on blood work to come back (holiday weekends suck! im so impatient) but i can safely say if i have to go back on gluten to do a biospy then i dont need one that badly!

im even eating ice cream for the first time in over 2 years! this is so exciting... and soooo yummy! (dont worry i checked, no gluten here! :lol: )

Angel, that's awesome! Thank God for moms (and children who listen to them!). I know you're not looking forward to your gluten challenge, but it certainly sounds like you already have the answer. Good luck to you on your gluten free diet. You should get better every day and start enjoying your life once again!

Angel, I am very glad you have listened to your mother, and are starting to feel better. Keep it up!

WHOO HOO!! Sorry, I have been sick for so long, and I am just starting to feel better, so when I read about someone else feeling better then I get all excited for them.

Give your mom a big hug, and remember "gluten free's the way to be!"

and aren't you glad there is gluten free ice cream :D

me too :P

YES always listen to your mother!

It's good that you are finaly feeling better, and yes ice cream is very good~!~

Hope you keep getting better revery day.!

I cant tolerate ice cream because I have a sensativity to casien... blech. And I cant tolerate soy jsut yet and soy ice cream just doesnt taste the same. Glad you are having good luck! HAve you looked into Dr Fine's tests for gluten, casien, soy, eggs, and yeast sensativties?