Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiki2

Edy's Sherbert, Starbucks Beverages

I just talked to 'Dave' in customer services at Starbucks (1-800-23LATTE) and he said that the only gluten containing items they have (besides the bakery/food items) are the frappaccino's--vanilla bean and chocolate chip, the malted frapp. isn't carried anymore and the egg nog they use during the holidays has trace amounts of gluten. Otherwise, all of the syrups ARE gluten-free, specifically the mocha syrup. So we will continue to drink away!!

I just talked to 'Dave' in customer services at Starbucks (1-800-23LATTE) and he said that the only gluten containing items they have (besides the bakery/food items) are the frappaccino's--vanilla bean and chocolate chip, the malted frapp. isn't carried anymore and the egg nog they use during the holidays has trace amounts of gluten. Otherwise, all of the syrups ARE gluten-free, specifically the mocha syrup. So we will continue to drink away!!

Well I guess I am on my way for my afternoon treat! Thanks again for checking

I'm new to all this and I hate to put an end to your excitment over discovering the sherbert but I was told that even if you don't react to something doesn't mean it isn't hurting you... Reactions may tell you something but then again you may not react at all. I never trust anything even if I don't react to it. I don't react to bread, or most cereals that have gluten in them, or most anything that has gluten in it but according to a gastrointeroligst that doesn't mean I don't have celiac.

:blink: I can have ANYthing at Starbucks aside from the mocha, white mocha, or anything with chocolate chips??!! What about all the syrups they use for diffferent drinks? What about Vivanos?? Is this only in the U.S., or does it apply to Canada as well? I have been avoiding Starbucks for the past 6 weeks (since going gluten-free) out of fear of getting sick lol. If I can go back there once in a while, that would be fantastic :) Especially since I'm heading out to Chapters right now to buy some books and there's a Starbucks on the 2nd floor!

B)

Jillian

I just called on Friday and the lady on the phone said the only items they have that ARE NOT gluten-free are the mocha and white mocha, and anything with chocolate chips. I am pretty sure Eddy's sherbert is fine, as is some of their ice cream/yogurt (just read the ingredient list on the back). I needed to make sure I could still have my ice cream and Starbucks too :)