Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lorka150

Hey Celiac! Thanks!

Last summer I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I was a runner, but not a marathoner... a "i love to run so i run daily" runner.

As I got sicker and sicker, my runs got shabby.

Then, I lost a million pounds and had the bod of a nine year old and had to move home and needed a cane and was really, really ill.

Then, doctors said when I hit said weight, I could start exercising again, assuming I also FELT good.

So I've been walking a lot. And today, I felt like running.

You would THINK that not running for nine months, you'd be able to go, oh... a quarter of what you used to do daily?

I had a fear that I would never have the strength to run again.

This morning I ran my old route in the same time I always ran. I was sweaty. I was NOT out of breath, and I was NOT weak.

So, were my runs shabby eariler becasue of this lack of diagnosis?

I THINK SO!

So.......... Thank YOU celiac!

Last summer I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I was a runner, but not a marathoner... a "i love to run so i run daily" runner.

As I got sicker and sicker, my runs got shabby.

Then, I lost a million pounds and had the bod of a nine year old and had to move home and needed a cane and was really, really ill.

Then, doctors said when I hit said weight, I could start exercising again, assuming I also FELT good.

So I've been walking a lot. And today, I felt like running.

You would THINK that not running for nine months, you'd be able to go, oh... a quarter of what you used to do daily?

I had a fear that I would never have the strength to run again.

This morning I ran my old route in the same time I always ran. I was sweaty. I was NOT out of breath, and I was NOT weak.

So, were my runs shabby eariler becasue of this lack of diagnosis?

I THINK SO!

So.......... Thank YOU celiac!

That must have felt great. I am so glad your fears were unfounded.