• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

J-DUB

Celiac College Presentation

Rate this topic

For my college biology class we have to do a powerpoint presentation and report on anything that we choose as long as it deals with science. I though doing mine on Celiac would be awesome. I was diagnosed in 1995, so it has been a huge part of my life. I want more people to know about celiac, understand what it is and how it effects those with it. I know a lot about celiac, but would love to get everybody's input. Anyone who thinks they can help, please send me anything. I'll be happy to try to send anyone the powerpoint once I finish... It is due June 14th.

I did a presentation/speech this year for college, for my Communications class.

I could always type it up if you wanna see how I did it :P

~lisa~

I think people would really find interesting the connections between Celiac and autism as well as schitzophrenia.

You are so right on Autism and schitsophrenia, I completely agree/ you. bully 4 you I know of a boy who started regressing soon after 1 year and a man who probably was showing signs of scitsophrenia by age 19.

I hope there will soon be more research on theses problems as well as celiac disease. evie

How do you think you did?

I got an 'A' on the celiac presentation for my bio class. Thanks for asking. I just started new summer classes and I'm going to do another presentation on Celiac next week. When I did the first presentation I asked the class (about 30 students) if anyone knew about celiac, and not to my surprise nobody had ever heard of celiac. I brought some gluten free cookies in for the students to eat and they loved them. I was only allowed 5-7 minutes but my professor was cool and let me continue for 15 minutes so I was able to get a lot of info out to the class. Although its only 30 students in my case, it feels good to know that more people know about Celiac.

Since it will be medically/biologically oriented, you might want to check out Dr. Peter Green's book, Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic. It has great information that's complete, but easy to understand.