This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going Numb/tingles

Lister

Lister Rising Star

My head keeps getting these wierd cold feelings followed by tingles its on the top of my head, im trying to figure out if maybe its a gluten reaction even though i dont know what i may have gotten glutened from since, all i just ate was a burger patty, and some ketsup (heinz in packets) i know regular heinz is fine but are packets ok i remember reading something about sealign glue containing gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GravStars Contributor
My head keeps getting these wierd cold feelings followed by tingles its on the top of my head, im trying to figure out if maybe its a gluten reaction even though i dont know what i may have gotten glutened from since, all i just ate was a burger patty, and some ketsup (heinz in packets) i know regular heinz is fine but are packets ok i remember reading something about sealign glue containing gluten.

i get similar sensations in my head and other parts of my body. i don't think it's a gluten reaction, not for me anyway. feeling cold or heat sensations, numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body can be symptomatic of anxiety. so can lots of things: Open Original Shared Link

i have also experienced similar things during meditation and bodywork (like yoga and qigong) so for myself i relate it to some psychophysical effect. wasn't your blood work negative? i know you can get a false negative, but can you really conclude that its gluten yet when it could be other things? (not saying you should eat gluten again)

indyceliac Newbie

I used to get tingly feeling in my arms and legs...and then i started taking sublingual b-12 pills and it went away the next day.

But also, anxiety can definitely cause what you are describing. Try not to worry over every symptom and being overly aware of what your body is feeling....it just makes it worse.

penguin Community Regular

I get that too, it kind of feels like my hair is falling out or something (it's not, although I could stand to lose some). I also get a feeling like my shoes are too tight when they're not, like my toes are falling asleep. I don't know what the heck causes it, though for me it seems to happen more when I'm eating gluten.

You're still VERY early into the diet, and you'll have random things happen for quite some time.

mart Contributor

My son often complains of this even though he's been gluten-free for almost a year. In his case, I can honestly tell you that its not a glutening. Maybe this kind of thing just happens even though you're totally gluten-free?

ravenwoodglass Mentor
My son often complains of this even though he's been gluten-free for almost a year. In his case, I can honestly tell you that its not a glutening. Maybe this kind of thing just happens even though you're totally gluten-free?

Are you having him take the sublingual B12? Is he having any problems with 'clumsyness'? Is he diabetic? Are his shampoos, soaps etc. gluten-free. At his age he may also be getting cross contamination or actual glutening at school. Many art supplies are not safe and in some schools the old fashioned chalk can get us. It can take a long time for the neuro problems to go away completly and for some of us they are the first indications that we got got.

Lister Rising Star

"Are you having him take the sublingual B12? Is he having any problems with 'clumsyness'? Is he diabetic? Are his shampoos, soaps etc. gluten-free. At his age he may also be getting cross contamination or actual glutening at school. Many art supplies are not safe and in some schools the old fashioned chalk can get us. It can take a long time for the neuro problems to go away completly and for some of us they are the first indications that we got got."

that would explain my "out of body" experinces i have had in the past where i will just lay my head down and the next thing i know i think im up and doing things then i snap out of it, scares the crap out of me but i have not had those for over 2 years

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Becky6 Enthusiast

I def get that after gluten. It is a very odd feeling.

AnnieMarie Apprentice

Lister,

If you see my post about the ALK PHOP. One of my complaints to my Dr. at my six month appt. was the "buzzing" type feeling I am getting in my feet I can occasionally get it in my hands and parts of my face. I also have raynauds though and that complicates a diagnosis. It feels to me like some kind of electric static.

The low ALk... reading might be a B12 thing, I am waiting to see the GI as my rhuematoligist has reeferd me back to him.

Mine seems to worsen when I try to warm the area up.

AnnieMarie

gfp Enthusiast
"Are you having him take the sublingual B12? Is he having any problems with 'clumsyness'? Is he diabetic? Are his shampoos, soaps etc. gluten-free. At his age he may also be getting cross contamination or actual glutening at school. Many art supplies are not safe and in some schools the old fashioned chalk can get us. It can take a long time for the neuro problems to go away completly and for some of us they are the first indications that we got got."

that would explain my "out of body" experinces i have had in the past where i will just lay my head down and the next thing i know i think im up and doing things then i snap out of it, scares the crap out of me but i have not had those for over 2 years

Many of us get this ... we call it "brain-fog" or similar but no Dr. seems to beleive it....

For me its almost like I'm on remote control except every so often my body does something I didn't tell it to do... like the RC batteries are on the way out.

For me its not so much out-of-body as in-body/out-of-body... I don't look down from the ceiling or anything, just feel like I am observing my own body but from inside? If that sounds weird, yeah its freaky.

Lister Rising Star

i get brainfog all the time but these out of bodys only come when i put my head down

Archived