• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

ok i know this site is amercan based but i was kinda hopeing that someone from the uk was useing this site there is nothing like this in the uk, a lot of the foods and drugs (prescription or over the counter) i just cant get here, does anyone have any info on uk sites i havent found one yet?

ok i know this site is amercan based but i was kinda hopeing that someone from the uk was useing this site there is nothing like this in the uk, a lot of the foods and drugs (prescription or over the counter) i just cant get here, does anyone have any info on uk sites i havent found one yet?

Hi. The best site in the UK is Coeliac UK, but it doesnt have a forum like this site unfortunately, but you should join them as they publish a book which contains all the foods which are gluten-free, and this includes quite a lot of the UK supermarkets, and is very helpful: http://www.coeliac.co.uk/

With prescriptions, you will be able to get gluten-free bread, flour, pasta etc from your doctor - GP, but you will need to talk to him about this. In teh coeliac UK book it also ahs a full list of all the foods you can get on prescription. As for drugs, you'd be best askign the pharmacist, but they are usually ok unless they have unspecified "starch" or "modified starch" in them. If it says it is maize or potato, then they are ok. If you need any more help with anything, please feel free to email me: katie_orourke_11@hotmail.com

:)