Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel_jd1

Wedding Cake

Guest greengirl
Christine you should order the Authentic Foods Brown Rice Flour. Annalise reccomends using this one and I did. I remember her saying that she tried like every rice flour out there and this one gave the best taste and results. I have to say I would agree.

Thanks! I wonder if I have time to get it by mail...the wedding is Saturday! I'm going to check it out right now!

Christine

I just use bob's red mill white rice flour, then the potato starch flour, and then tapioca flour in the appropriate measurements....but I have never had any complaints with using the white rice in any of my cakes...........I find them rather yummy ;) and so do the other folks who pig them down ! ha

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Guest greengirl

I think I'm going to have to use Bob's this time because it's going to cost me $20 for 3 lbs. of Authentic Foods flour and that's with standard delivery!! There's no guarantee that I'll even get it in time for the wedding. I've been calling local health food stores but so far no luck. It's good to know that yours still turned out good with Bob's. When I have more time, I'll try the Authentic Foods flour, too!

Christine

Jessica, you give me hope! Even if the cake didn't get eaten, just having made it was a triumph. I'm a baking fiend & newly diagnosed Celiac. After reading your post I just ordered the Annalise Roberts book & can't wait to bake from it! Thanks for being so adventurous-- you inspire me!

Leah

Jessica, you give me hope! Even if the cake didn't get eaten, just having made it was a triumph. I'm a baking fiend & newly diagnosed Celiac. After reading your post I just ordered the Annalise Roberts book & can't wait to bake from it! Thanks for being so adventurous-- you inspire me!

Leah

Leah-

Don't worry, the cake is TOTALLY being eaten. As a matter of fact, I had a beautiful piece of cake for breakfast this morning! :lol:

I'm glad I could inspire you, I inspired myself also. It was one of those "Hey I CAN do this moments" in gluten free baking. I know you will LOVE the book. It is amazing. Enjoy!

Guest greengirl

I wanted to let you all know that the coconut cake turned out beautifully for the wedding! I think it is even better than the gluten version I used to make! The bride and her sister want the recipe and none of the guests even suspected it was "different." Thanks to all who gave advice and Jessica I am forever grateful to you for directing me to Annalise's cookbook!! I can't wait to make more of her recipes.

BTW, I used Bob's brown rice flour for the cake. I can't imagine how good it would be with the superfine flour from Authentic Foods!

Christine

My avatar is now a picture of the 2 cakes that I made for the wedding. You can't really see the detail in them, but oh well! ha Hope you enjoy the picture of my cakes.........maybe I'll even get brave and show you a picture of me in my blue bridesmaid dress!?! :ph34r:

I wanted to let you all know that the coconut cake turned out beautifully for the wedding! I think it is even better than the gluten version I used to make! The bride and her sister want the recipe and none of the guests even suspected it was "different." Thanks to all who gave advice and Jessica I am forever grateful to you for directing me to Annalise's cookbook!! I can't wait to make more of her recipes.

BTW, I used Bob's brown rice flour for the cake. I can't imagine how good it would be with the superfine flour from Authentic Foods!

Christine

You are more than welcome!! I'm so glad that it turned out so well! Congrats.

Glad to see the pic--wish I could get a taste! :lol:

I just got the superfine flour (yikes, it is pricy!) & can't wait to try this cake. Next week I'll finally have both of my sons home for the Summer, & that calls for a celebration!

Love the pix, love the inspiration, love you guys!

Leah

Leah-

Make sure to let us know how the cake baking goes!! Enjoy having your kiddoes home.