• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

JacobsMom

Play Dough

Rate this topic

Can someone tell me where to buy some play dough? I had a list but I cant find it. I really dont have time to make some so I need somewhere I can buy it pre-made?

Thanks and have a wonderful day!!

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Produc...566&PartnerURL=

That is the link to Colorations® Wheat & Gluten-Free Dough

Finally a modeling dough for children who are wheat and gluten sensitive! Sold exclusively at Discount School Supply, this dough is safe, soft and easy to use and comes in 8 vibrant colors: black, blue, brown, green, orange, red, white and yellow. Air-dries for unique craft projects. Made in Great Britain. 5 1/2 lbs. total.
It costs $19.97 a bucket.

Hope that helps.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Guest tracey and emma
I love the Crayola Model Magic, plus once it dries you can keep your creation and it's not all crumbly like PlayDoh is.

I have just tried to get smome of this in germany! Nope can not get it or get it delivered.

Is there a recipy to make dough then? does anyone have it? because i would like to have some to for emma to play with.

I have just tried to get smome of this in germany! Nope can not get it or get it delivered.

Is there a recipy to make dough then? does anyone have it? because i would like to have some to for emma to play with.

Have you tried this one?

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Produc...566&PartnerURL=

Just looked they don´t supply out side the USA :angry:

You would think today it would not matter were they were sending a parcel!!

thanks anyway.

tracey

Have you tried http://shopthestates.com ? What you do is buy somthing and have it sthiped to them, and they reship to you. I ahve not used them but one of my customers does and likes them.

Here is a recipe I found that uses cornstarch. I have never made this one we used to use flour. I think I am going to give it a try. :D

Play dough

That recipe looks like the type that hardens. I haven't tried this one yet but it looks like the pliable storable type. I got it from the Clan Thompson website:

GLUTEN FREE PLAY DOUGH

Ingredients

2/3 cup rice flour

1/3 cup potato starch flour

1/3 cup salt

2 tsp. xanthan gum

1 Tb. cream of tartar

1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid, any flavor (or food coloring, but Kool-Aid is brighter and has a scent)

1 Tb. vegetable oil

1 cup warm water

Extra potato starch for kneading dough

Directions:

1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rice flour, potato starch flour, salt, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, and Kool-Aid powder. (If using food color instead of Kool-Aid, add the food coloring to the water before adding to the dry ingredients.)

2. Add the oil and the warm water to the flour mixture and mix well.

3.Heat the mixture on medium heat for about one minute or until the mixture thickens and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat.

4. Turn out the dough onto a cornstarch-floured board or waxed paper. Knead in enough potato starch until the dough is no longer sticky.

5. Store in an airtight container or zip-style bag when not in use.

6. If the dough becomes too thick or slightly dry after using, heat in the microwave on high for about 30 seconds and knead.