This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yogurt

Lister

Lister Rising Star

doctor told me to slowly re-introduce dairy and told me to start with yogurt so i went out and got some yoplate vanilla, is all yogurt safe or only some brands?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

wolfie Enthusiast

I am not sure whether or not all yogurt is safe. I would make sure to read the label. Yoplait is made by General Mills, one of the companies that should be clearly marking gluten.

Becky6 Enthusiast

Some of the companies have a cya statement stating the flavored ones are not gluten-free. Yoplait is fine unless there was granola or other gluten chunks. I eat Cascade fresh as it says gluten-free right on it and is good!

Guest cassidy

If you search for yogurt on this board, you will find out which ones are gluten-free and which ones aren't. I also like Cascade Fresh.

Another option would be Kefir. It is like a liquid yogurt that has much more good bacteria than yogurt. The good bacteria is very good for people with celiac. I like Lifeway the best. The flavored ones, blueberry and raspberry taste just like drinkable yogurt.

purplemom Apprentice

We eat Yoplait. The kids love the vanilla, strawberry and banana!

Lister Rising Star

I messed up and got Yoplait Light is that still safe like yoplait??

CarlaB Enthusiast

The gluten should be clearly marked, so you should be able to tell by the ingredients.

I eat a lot of kifir. I like vanilla poured over frozen blueberries. It freezes, so it's like a frozen dessert, but good for you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

alright cool looks safe, just wierd they added alot of things i dont see why they added like aspertain

Guest cassidy
The gluten should be clearly marked, so you should be able to tell by the ingredients.

I eat a lot of kifir. I like vanilla poured over frozen blueberries. It freezes, so it's like a frozen dessert, but good for you.

that is a great idea! Does it matter how long you freeze it? I would just want to avoid freezing it all the way through and having a block of inedible ice. Any tips would be appreciated.

lindalee Enthusiast
alright cool looks safe, just wierd they added alot of things i dont see why they added like aspertain

I buy plain and put it in my smoothie. I avoid any chemicals, sugar, and aspartane that is bad I avoid all the "tanes" Lots of lumps and cists and unneeded procedures caused by aspartane. LindaL

nursestherapies Rookie

I get Stoneyfield Organic, it is yummy!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Aspartame is added to most diet type foods...stuff that is "light" or "fat free". That is one ingredient that should be avoided...not beacause it has gluten (it doesnt)...but because its just plain bad for you.

CarlaB Enthusiast
that is a great idea! Does it matter how long you freeze it? I would just want to avoid freezing it all the way through and having a block of inedible ice. Any tips would be appreciated.

I don't freeze the kifir, as soon as it hits the frozen blueberries, it freezes! I've been known to chose this treat over ice cream! One day I got on my daughter in a joking way about eating all the blueberries, I ended up eating nothing even though there was a pint of Haagen Dazs in the freezer! It just didn't make up for the lack of blueberries! So, my daughter asked, "So, you are upset because I ate blueberries instead of ice cream?" I said "YEA!"

Archived