This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ice Cream Truck

stephanielaw

stephanielaw Newbie

Does anyone know gluten-free products that are available from the Ice Cream Man/Truck? My kids still go crazy at the sound of its bell and I feel like I can't say no forever...any suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Smunkeemom Enthusiast

The local truck has gluten free push pops, also Blue Bell's fudgecycles should be gluten-free (but you might want to check)

I think (if I remember) those red white and blue rocket pops were gluten free also.

I don't know if your truck has the same stuff as ours though. ;)

If not, you could always just stock your freezer with stuff that looks like ice cream truck stuff and then they will have something similar to eat when thier friends go to the truck. :lol:

mcsteffi Rookie

I had the same problem the other day! Those trucks play their music so loud! lol. My little one got the red, white and blue rocket pop and he seemed ok. But it did turn him blue and was very hard to get off. Makes you wonder what is in the food coloring.

I am trying to find out if the "fla vor ice" pops are gluten free now. Wanted to keep them around for the summer. Anyone know?

Stephanie

gymnastjlf Enthusiast
I had the same problem the other day! Those trucks play their music so loud! lol. My little one got the red, white and blue rocket pop and he seemed ok. But it did turn him blue and was very hard to get off. Makes you wonder what is in the food coloring.

I am trying to find out if the "fla vor ice" pops are gluten free now. Wanted to keep them around for the summer. Anyone know?

Stephanie

I actually just found this info..... right on their website-- front page!

JEL SERT GLUTEN STATEMENT

The following Jel Sert products do not contain Wheat or Corn Gluten:

* Mondo Fruit Squeezers

* Fla-Vor-Ice Freezer Bars

* Fla-Vor-Ice Lite Freezer Bars

* Fla-Vor-Plus Freezer Bars

* Pop Ice Freezer Bars

* Otter Pops Freezer Bars

* Otter Pops Plus Freezer Bars

* Keebler Fudge Shoppe Freezer Bars

* Wyler’s Italian Ice Freezer Bars

* Wyler’s Light Sorbet Bars

* Royal Puddings and Gelatins

* Royal Flan

* My*T*Fine Vanilla Pudding

* My*T*Fine Lemon Pudding

* My*T*Fine Pumpkin Pudding

* My*T*Fine Tiramisu Pudding

* Wyler’s Light Sugar-Free Powdered Soft Drinks

* Wyler’s Powdered Soft Drinks

* Flavor Aid Powdered Soft Drinks

* Hawaiian Punch Drink Mixes

Open Original Shared Link

In other words, enjoy!!!

Guest nini

I don't even bother with the ice cream truck... we have TWO of them that canvass our neighborhood... I just keep a supply of popsicles and frozen yogurt and italian ice's in the freezer so if she hears the truck, instead of running for change, she runs to the freezer! LOL! I have the kid well trained! We love our ice cream treats here so we are always fully stocked! Latest addiction is fudge pops... the entire family is going crazy for them!

mcsteffi Rookie

Thank you! I looked all over that stupid web site and never saw that page. This will be a great treat for a two year old through the summer. :D

Stephanie

amybeth Enthusiast

I overheard on a radio show, once, a discussion about "harmless things our parents did that were slightly deceptive....." One woman said she was told that when the ice cream truck was playing the music it was to let you know that they were out of icecream!!!

:lol:

It's funny in a make you feel bad for laughing kind of way.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Smunkeemom Enthusiast
I overheard on a radio show, once, a discussion about "harmless things our parents did that were slightly deceptive....." One woman said she was told that when the ice cream truck was playing the music it was to let you know that they were out of icecream!!!

:lol:

It's funny in a make you feel bad for laughing kind of way.

haha, that is funny.

I spent the first 4 years of my daughter's life NOT buying anything from the truck, trying to keep her from finding out, I sent her to my mother in laws for a weekend, and now everytime she hears the music she screams "ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:angry:

So much for my efforts. :( I thought it was such a good idea too. :lol:

jkmunchkin Rising Star

For anyone in NY, I have verified that the Mr. Softee ice cream (obv. without the cone) is gluten-free!!! I love Mr. Softee!

VydorScope Proficient

Im way to paranoid to trust an ice cream truck for my son!

jkmunchkin Rising Star
Im way to paranoid to trust an ice cream truck for my son!

Don't the ice cream bars come wrapped?

(sorry I grew up in a really small town and didn't have an ice cream truck so this is not supposed to be sarcastic question. I just assumed everything is in a wrapper).

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I grew up without an ice cream truck as well....and saw one for the first time about a year ago....My finace thought I was crazy I just got real excited....this was in my good ole gluten days. Now the ice cream truck doesn't excite me....everything is pricey too!

VydorScope Proficient
Don't the ice cream bars come wrapped?

(sorry I grew up in a really small town and didn't have an ice cream truck so this is not supposed to be sarcastic question. I just assumed everything is in a wrapper).

Yes... but at least the ones around here are fithly and look very umm untrustworthy.

Archived