• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

The local truck has gluten free push pops, also Blue Bell's fudgecycles should be gluten-free (but you might want to check)

I think (if I remember) those red white and blue rocket pops were gluten free also.

I don't know if your truck has the same stuff as ours though. ;)

If not, you could always just stock your freezer with stuff that looks like ice cream truck stuff and then they will have something similar to eat when thier friends go to the truck. :lol:

I had the same problem the other day! Those trucks play their music so loud! lol. My little one got the red, white and blue rocket pop and he seemed ok. But it did turn him blue and was very hard to get off. Makes you wonder what is in the food coloring.

I am trying to find out if the "fla vor ice" pops are gluten free now. Wanted to keep them around for the summer. Anyone know?

Stephanie

I had the same problem the other day! Those trucks play their music so loud! lol. My little one got the red, white and blue rocket pop and he seemed ok. But it did turn him blue and was very hard to get off. Makes you wonder what is in the food coloring.

I am trying to find out if the "fla vor ice" pops are gluten free now. Wanted to keep them around for the summer. Anyone know?

Stephanie

I actually just found this info..... right on their website-- front page!

JEL SERT GLUTEN STATEMENT

The following Jel Sert products do not contain Wheat or Corn Gluten:

* Mondo Fruit Squeezers

* Fla-Vor-Ice Freezer Bars

* Fla-Vor-Ice Lite Freezer Bars

* Fla-Vor-Plus Freezer Bars

* Pop Ice Freezer Bars

* Otter Pops Freezer Bars

* Otter Pops Plus Freezer Bars

* Keebler Fudge Shoppe Freezer Bars

* Wyler’s Italian Ice Freezer Bars

* Wyler’s Light Sorbet Bars

* Royal Puddings and Gelatins

* Royal Flan

* My*T*Fine Vanilla Pudding

* My*T*Fine Lemon Pudding

* My*T*Fine Pumpkin Pudding

* My*T*Fine Tiramisu Pudding

* Wyler’s Light Sugar-Free Powdered Soft Drinks

* Wyler’s Powdered Soft Drinks

* Flavor Aid Powdered Soft Drinks

* Hawaiian Punch Drink Mixes

http://www.jelsert.com/home.asp

In other words, enjoy!!!

Guest nini

I don't even bother with the ice cream truck... we have TWO of them that canvass our neighborhood... I just keep a supply of popsicles and frozen yogurt and italian ice's in the freezer so if she hears the truck, instead of running for change, she runs to the freezer! LOL! I have the kid well trained! We love our ice cream treats here so we are always fully stocked! Latest addiction is fudge pops... the entire family is going crazy for them!

I overheard on a radio show, once, a discussion about "harmless things our parents did that were slightly deceptive....." One woman said she was told that when the ice cream truck was playing the music it was to let you know that they were out of icecream!!!

:lol:

It's funny in a make you feel bad for laughing kind of way.

I overheard on a radio show, once, a discussion about "harmless things our parents did that were slightly deceptive....." One woman said she was told that when the ice cream truck was playing the music it was to let you know that they were out of icecream!!!

:lol:

It's funny in a make you feel bad for laughing kind of way.

haha, that is funny.

I spent the first 4 years of my daughter's life NOT buying anything from the truck, trying to keep her from finding out, I sent her to my mother in laws for a weekend, and now everytime she hears the music she screams "ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:angry:

So much for my efforts. :( I thought it was such a good idea too. :lol:

Im way to paranoid to trust an ice cream truck for my son!

Don't the ice cream bars come wrapped?

(sorry I grew up in a really small town and didn't have an ice cream truck so this is not supposed to be sarcastic question. I just assumed everything is in a wrapper).

I grew up without an ice cream truck as well....and saw one for the first time about a year ago....My finace thought I was crazy I just got real excited....this was in my good ole gluten days. Now the ice cream truck doesn't excite me....everything is pricey too!

Don't the ice cream bars come wrapped?

(sorry I grew up in a really small town and didn't have an ice cream truck so this is not supposed to be sarcastic question. I just assumed everything is in a wrapper).

Yes... but at least the ones around here are fithly and look very umm untrustworthy.