This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Amys Products

Lister

Lister Rising Star

So does everyone trust amys or not?? i got the Mexican Bowl, Santfe Enchalada Bowl and Rice Crust Pizza from fred meyers yesterday then i read on a post that people are reacting to the mexican bowls and stuff like that, so now im scared to eat what i got.. Anyone have problems with amys? i had there mexican Enchalads today did not care for them but i did not react

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

I do fine with Amy's.

Lister Rising Star

alright cool may be able to get away with that pizza for dinner _ Finally i get to use my pizza cooker _parents got me it for chirstmas and then this happend lol. I dont want to walk to the store because even though its june its pooring down worse then it did in december and i dont feel like getten wet

the amys just worried me since they have that thing on the back saying the product is cooked in the same place as wheat

Mango04 Enthusiast

There's always a risk of CC whenever you buy a packaged product, but I do trust Amy's. I believe they take precautions when it comes to CC. If you do react, take into consideration that it could be from the dairy (if you are just now reintroducing it) or the soy.

Lister Rising Star

true that, meh i dont feel like risking eating that much dairy yet i dont think so now that the frys are in the oven its down to winco for steaks

happygirl Collaborator

I am extremely sensitive, and have yet to have had a reaction to Amy's....I eat their "mexican" stuff about 1x a week for the past year or so.

Guest BERNESES

I unfortunately am one of the lucky reacters :( However, there plenty of people who do really well with Amy's and I've actually dealt with the company- they take gluten-free VERY seriously.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'm very sensitive, I eat lots of Amy's, and I've never had a reaction.

I doctor up the pizza with my own stuff, all kinds of veggies and more cheese. I had one plain the other day and now understand why some people don't like them! They definately need the doctoring! But, that would be the case for me and any plain pizza.

wolfie Enthusiast

I am one of the ones who reacts to them, BUT, I do have several other food intolerances that could be to blame for that. I can't say for sure that gluten was the issue. I reacted to both the enchiladas and the Santa Fe enchilada bowl. I haven't had any products of Amy's since. I do have issues with soy, onions, garlic, peppers and lactose, though, all of which are in the entrees. I should give the Rice Mac & Cheese a try again and see if I have an issue with that. If I take a Lactaid and eat that and have an issue, then I will know it is gluten.

Give it a try since you have the items. Just keep track of whether or not you have any symptoms. Hopefully you will be fine. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

It's probably not the gluten as I eat all those things and do not react. I love the mac and cheese!

wolfie Enthusiast
It's probably not the gluten as I eat all those things and do not react. I love the mac and cheese!

I really loved the mac & cheese, too, and have been too nervous to try it since my last incident (Santa Fe Bowl). Now that I have been gluten-free longer, though, and I am feeling better overall, I may give it a try again. I have to get some stuff tomorrow....maybe I'll pick it up for dinner. :)

flagbabyds Collaborator

I ate the mac &cheese 3 times a day for 3 weeks when I couldn't chew, and i never once got sick so i know that the mac and cheese does not have very high CC cause i alwwawwys get sick from the tiniest amount of gluten.

wolfie Enthusiast
I ate the mac &cheese 3 times a day for 3 weeks when I couldn't chew, and i never once got sick so i know that the mac and cheese does not have very high CC cause i alwwawwys get sick from the tiniest amount of gluten.

You poor thing!! Glad that you didn't get sick from it. I think I am going to try it tomorrow! :)

flagbabyds Collaborator
You poor thing!! Glad that you didn't get sick from it. I think I am going to try it tomorrow! :)

It was actually the beszt thijng cause it lasted longer than other things that are liquid i had mac &cheese and the cedar lane 5 layer dip cause they had a lot of calories, i would have the cedarlane dip whole thing in 1 sitting and not be full, for reference that ahs like 20 sevings in it...

Lisa Mentor

Lister:

I have enjoyed your pictures, are you a singer?

Lisa

Lister Rising Star

pics are not of me they are the lead singer of MSI-mindless self indulgance Jimmy Urine

figure i would do a diffrent pic everyday until the concert on the 18th of july

i ruind my steak :( the propane ran out on my grill half way thru gonna try to save on the stove but it may not work out

Lisa Mentor

Well, we will be looking for one of you soon after the concert. :):)

jerseyangel Proficient
i ruind my steak :( the propane ran out on my grill half way thru gonna try to save on the stove but it may not work out

I hate when that happens--it never tastes as good when you have to finish it on the stove. The guy's name is Urine?

Lisa Mentor
I hate when that happens--it never tastes as good when you have to finish it on the stove. The guy's name is Urine?

Maybe he plays piss-poor music (not to offend Lister, just makeing a pun of sorts) Probably not my kindda tunes.

CarlaB Enthusiast
It was actually the beszt thijng cause it lasted longer than other things that are liquid i had mac &cheese and the cedar lane 5 layer dip cause they had a lot of calories, i would have the cedarlane dip whole thing in 1 sitting and not be full, for reference that ahs like 20 sevings in it...

Yea, I've eaten them for the same reason! I also use chips to dip in the dip, so that adds even more calories.

And, I'd really like to see that many people try to share that little bowl of dip! I think the whole bowl has something like 600 calories.

Guest BERNESES

Amy's is in the process of building a dedicated facility for their gluten-free stuff!

Lister- Jimmy Urine looks cool but I miss gyrating Stewie- I LOVE family Guy!

flagbabyds Collaborator
Yea, I've eaten them for the same reason! I also use chips to dip in the dip, so that adds even more calories.

And, I'd really like to see that many people try to share that little bowl of dip! I think the whole bowl has something like 600 calories.

Yeah i for sure could not chew chips until about 5 months ago. Still no feeling in my face!~! :huh:

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa--Piss poor! So funny! (just kidding, Lister ;) )

Bev--I miss Stewie, too :D

Lister Rising Star

stewie will be back lol, yeah his full name is Litttle Jimmy Urine, but is birth name is Jim Urine- wow i do feel sorry for him to have that last name. Mindlesselfindulgance.com has samples and yes its probably not going to be any of your choice in music i have a very uniqe taste.

as for my steak- it tasted like crap but thats what i get for buying meat from winco there was green spots on the bottom of the steak o well food is food for now. But thx for the replys about amys im going to have my mexican bowl for lunch tomorrow

Guest BERNESES

I just listened to "What Do They Know?" They sound kind of cool- I bet the showsa are WILD!

Archived