This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cellulites-has Anyone Had It? Dx Fri Am After High Fevers

Judyin Philly

Guest BERNESES

Sorry I wasn't able to post last week but I am so glad you are getting better! I was thinking about you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

BERNESE & INQUIRER AND ALL--THANKS FOR THE POSTS AND EMAILS...

BERNESE HOW DID THE TESTS GO? INQUIRER--SEE WE COULD NEVER FIND A WOUND OR SORE SO THERE IS NOTHING TO HEAL BUT THE CELLULITIS??? I DON'T GET IT EITHER...

NOW ANOTHER ? FOR ALL YOU POSTING ON THE STOCKINGS....WENT OUT TODAY IN HORRID HEAT WITH NO A/C WORKING IN THE CAR AND CAME HOME AND SLEPT FOR 3 HRS. ANKLE STILL PUFFY.

TEMP NORMAL AND LEG NOT HOT OR RED ...

STOCKINGS WERE A BUST. GOT ONE ON THE L LEG BUT MY CALF IS FULL OF TUMORS AND THE THIGH IS NORMALLY BIG SO......THE KNEE HIGHS ROLL INTO A TIGHT BAND LIKE A RUBBER BAND AROUND THE KNEE WHERE THE VERICOSE VEINS ARE...I KNEW THIS WASN'T GOOD SO CALLED THE PHARMACY...HE SAID TO TAKE THEM OFF..TRY IN THE AM BEFORE I GET OUT OF BED AND DON'T PULL UP SO HIGH AND SEE IF THAT WORKS..IF NOT I CAN TAKE THEM BACK AND GET $$ BACK. THEY ARE SO NICE THERE.

WILL CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN AND IF I HAVE TOO....DR CALLED AND TOLD THEM THE COMPRESSION OF 30 WAS OK...THIS WAS THE BIGGEST SIZE THEY HAVE OR CAN GET SOOOOO ANY IDEAS OUT THERE YOU SMART FOLKS.

NINI---I'M STILL PRAYING FOR YOU...BLESS YOUR HEART.

JUDY IN PHILLY

debmidge Rising Star

Judy, was this a result of lymphederma?

My husband Mike has been battling a low level case of this, now after his knee surgery his foot ballooned up.

Sit and wonder what's next?

Sounds like you still are in midst of this cellutlies (don't know how to spell it). I am hoping that next I hear from you you are at the "better" stage of this.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

BEEN TRYING TO DO A UP DATE BUT WOULDN'T LET ME ON WILL TRY THIS--STILL WON'T POST?????

JUDY

Judy, was this a result of lymphederma?

DEB, NO WAS CELLULITIS..POSTED JUST NOW ON YOUR NEW THREAD HOPE LOTS OF INFO COMES IN.

WAS GOING TO POST A THREAD ON THESE STOCKINGS BUT TOO TIRED..SO THANKS FOR DOING IT.

JUDY IN PHILLY

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI FRIENDS--UP DATE--DIDN'T REALIZE I HADN'T POSTED SINCE TUESDAY.

KINDA HIT THE EMOTIONAL WALL YESTERDAY WHEN HUBBY JIM ASKED ME WHEN I GET OFF ANTIB...LOOKED AND SAW THE BOTTLE THIS TIME WAS SO BIG :blink:<_< JUST THEY WERE OUT OF SMALL ONES <_< HA....JOKES ON ME BECAUSE THERE WERE 2 WEEKS IN THERE. I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY A WEEK. WONDERED WHY MY APT WITH DR WASN'T TILL THE 28TH :unsure: WELL AT 8:30 AM I SHOULD HAVE FINISHED...

THANKS ARMETTA (DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS SO SICK AT THE TIME) :ph34r: AND SHE HELPED ME FIGURE OUT A 6 HR SCHEDULE (PHARM DEMANDED THE 6 HR AND 5 I WAS DOING)

WHAT'S TAKEN THE TOLL IS RUNNING IN THE HEAT WITH W/O THE A/C IN CAR TO GET AND TAKE BACK AND CK THE DANG HOSE....ON 3RD PAIR NOW...AND THINK THEY WILL WORK...

THEN THE YARD HELPER CAME AND HAD TO GO OUT TO SHOW HIM WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO MOVE. AGAIN IN THE HEAT...I CAME IN AND FOUND THE KITCHEN CEILING LITTERLY DRIPPING WATER FROM 8 PLACES ALL OVER KITCHEN ON TO THE FLOOR.

TOM ( MY HELPER) WENT TO CRAWL SPACE TOOK ALL STUFF OUT OF CLOSET :o:blink::unsure::blink::o:ph34r: AND LOOKED IN WITH FLASH LITE. HUBBY ARTHRITIS SO BAD HE CAN'T DO IT NOW...

WATER ALL OVER FLOOR UNDER TUB WHERE IT'S WALL IN

(NOW THIS IS AFTER $10,000 LAST SUMMER TO RE PLACE ALL PLUMMING IN BATHROOM AND FIX DAMAGE FROM KITCHEN CEILING COLLAPES)

JIM NEEDS TO RE CAWUK AGAIN I GUESS AS PLUMMER SAYS CELING GUYS FAULT AND CELING GUY SAYS PLUMMERS FAULT AND FLOOR GUY SAYS IT'S NOT THE SEAL FROM FLOOR TO TUB :ph34r:

SOOOOOOO- NO MORE FIGHT IN ME...RE HOUSE

I DO NOT HAVE TERRIBLE PROBLEMS LIKE 'TCA' & HER MEGAN, OR LYNNE OR KAREN OR ARMETTA OR RACHEL RIGHT NOW SOOOOOOOO.....

MUST TAKE THE HIGH ROAD...

I'M BETTER--I'M NOT IN THE HOSPITAL...I CAN DO THIS.

I KNOW I'M BETTER B/C OF YOUR PRAYERS AND MY DR AND CHIRO .

SO THAT'S IT...IF ANY OF YOU STILL HAVE A FEW EXTRA MINUTES OF PRAYER TIME..PLEASE SEND SOME MY WAY.

THANKS FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE YOU GUYS.

YOUR MY LIFE LINE TO INFO AND SANITY

LOVE YOU ALL

JUDY IN PHILLY (NOT CKING SP OR ANYTHING SO BERE WITH ME)

Guest BERNESES

SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's GOTTA END SOON. WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP BESIDES POST HERE? WHATEVER YOUR LITTLE (BIG HEART ACTUALLY) HEART DESIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please email me your address. I'm beverly_brennan@yahoo.com.

Guest Robbin

Hi Judy--am still praying!!!! If the stockings are not right maybe you should at least get some kind of support stockings on in the meantime. I know they are hot but maybe it would help. Even something like support pantyhose (ask your dr) might make a difference and help with the circulation and swelling. When our a/c went out in my old car I gave the kids those ice packs you freeze for lunch boxes to put on either side of their legs and hold on on their laps to use to cool down. I also got those little hand held battery fans. Keep up your liquids-take a drink bottle or empty soda bottle, put about an inch of water in it and freeze it, then fill with water and take with you whenever you go anywhere. It will stay cold for awhile as the ice melts. :):) Please get well sooooon!!! We all need you and each other to get through!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mouse Enthusiast

Oh, Judy, that is just terrible about the kitchen ceiling :( . You are such a strong person with being so sick and handling that. I probably would have had a massive breakdown right then and there. Of course, I am still praying for you. You will beat this, just like you have beaten the other health issues. And quit running all those errands - you are suppose to have your foot up. I was going to pick a smiley for the end of the last sentence and I really don't know what they all mean. What a dumb cluck I am. LOL and prayers.

jenvan Collaborator

Ugh on the ceiling..again! :o Sent you some houses to enjoy--hopefully they are "leak-free"!

Still praying friend...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:( THANKS FOR THE POSTS..THEY ARE GIVING ME SUCH STRENGTH...SAW CHIRO THIS AFTERNOON AND SHE WASN'T PLEASED WITH MY LEG... :(:(:ph34r: SHE IS VERY NURTURING AND POSITIVE NOT AN ALLARMIST WHICH I LOVE ABOUT HER...SHE SAID SHE THOUGHT THE STOCKING WERE JUST NOT THE RIGHT FIT FOR ME AND SHE 'SUGGESTED' I NOT USE THEM..SHE SAID SHE WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE THE IMPROVEMENT... :ph34r: WELL WASN'T THERE.

SHE SAID THE FRONT OF LEG WAS REDISH AND THERE WAS A RED SPOT ON BACK ON CALF THAT WASN'T THERE BEFORE. WE'RE HOPING THAT THE STOCKINGS BEING TIGHT BELOW KNEE AND CUTTING AT THE ANKLE CAUSED IT. I HAVE TO BE OFF FEET 100% FOR THE WEEKEND...AND USE ICE ON ANKEL AND TOP OF FOOT AND SHIN...ON AND OFF FOR 15 AS LONG AS I'M AWAKE....

SO CAME HOME AND GOT DINNER AND TOLD JIM AND HE'S COOKING FOR THE WEEKEND...ALL THE FOOD IS IN BETWEEN HIS TRIP AND MY 2 SO WE'RE OK THERE. I HAVE MY CK SOUP FROZEN AND EGGS AND BACCON..(DON'T EAT IT MUCH AT ALL BUT COOKED UP A PACK 2 DAYS AGO FOR BIG COBB SALAD FOR DINNER SO HAVE THAT...IT'S TO BE RAINNING ALL WEEKEND SO.....THE FOCUS IS ON....

BEV..THANKS WILL SEND YOU MY ADDRESS. NOTHING I NEED BUT YOUR PRAYERS

ROBBIN..THANKS FOR THE 2 TIPS..TOOK JIM'S A/C CAR TODAY FOR APT AND TRIP TO CVS AND IT MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE..THANKS FOR THE TIPS 'ON TRAVELING W/O AIR. :) AND THE FROZEN WATER BOTTLE ( NEED TO DO THAT)

ARMETTA--(YOUR NOT A DUMB CLUCK) BUT THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY ANYWAY..YOUR CALLS AND EMAILS ARE REALLY HELPING

JEN...APPRECIATE THE KIND WORDS...GOT OUT THE BOOK YOU SENT ME AND READ THE READING FOR JUNE 23. IT'S AN AMAZING FIT...THANKS FOR THE GOODIE BAG AND BOOK DEAR FRIEND--STILLL HAVE ONE gluten-free TREAT ( I'M REALLY SAVORING THEM) LOVED THE LEMON TARTS... :P .

PATTI AND KAREN --THANKS FOR THE CONSTANT CONTACT...IT'S BEEN 3 WEEKS TODAY..SEEMS LIKE 3 MONTHS BUT ---THIS TOO SHALL PASS..

AM REALLY MISSING MY MOM RIGHT NOW...BUT GLAD SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT ME SO THAT IS A BLESSING TOO.

OK. LEG IS OUT TO THE SIDE WHILE TYPING <_< SOOOOOO. WILL WILL LAY DOWN. JUST WANTED TO POST AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. YOUR THE BEST.

LOVE JUDY IN PHILLY

TCA Contributor

You have got to slow down and take care of yourself and that leg!!! We're all too worried about you for you to be up running errands!!! Still praying for you. wish I could do more, but know that there's a lot of love from me to you!!!!! :rolleyes:

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Hi, Judy, glad you've got some chicken soup! (I wonder if it would help to soak your leg in it? :P )

Rent a bunch of funny movies and laugh laugh laugh--bacteria HATE laughter!!!!

Hope you have a good night!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

ALISON AND TANYA--THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

T- TRUST ME...IF I COULD TAKE OFF MY LEG AND SEND IT OUT WITH JIM I WOULD BUT THE PHARMACY PEOPLE NEEDED TO SEE THE FIT...I WILL BE OFF IT FOR 3 DAYS TRUST ME...I HAVEN'T CK'D YOUR THREAD SINCE I LAST POSTED SO DON'T KNOW IF THERE HAS BEEN ANY CHANGES.JUST SORRY MY DR HAD HER EMERGENCIES YESTERDAY THAT PREVENTED ME GETTING YOUR INFO..SHE'S VERY CAUCIOUS WHICH I LIKE..ALL MY SUPPLIMENTS SAY RIGHT ON THEM GLUTEN FREE, CORN ETC ...SO WHEN THE INFO COMES IT WILL BE RELIABLE.

ALISON. LOVE YOUR SENSE IF HUMOR...IF I HAD ENOUGH SOUP WOULD TRY IT. HAVE ONE FUNNY MOVIE-- I LIKE FUNNY MOVIES...GALD THE BACTERIA DON'E...DID'T KNOW THAT :lol: FELL ASLEEP ON SOFA DOWN STAIRS AS IT WAS COOLER AND LEG FELL OFF THE 'PILLOW RAMP' I MADE BUT SWELLING IS DOWN SOME.

HAVE A GREAT NITE SLEEP EVERYONE

LOVE jUDY

Guest Robbin
Oh, Judy, that is just terrible about the kitchen ceiling :( . You are such a strong person with being so sick and handling that. I probably would have had a massive breakdown right then and there. Of course, I am still praying for you. You will beat this, just like you have beaten the other health issues. And quit running all those errands - you are suppose to have your foot up. I was going to pick a smiley for the end of the last sentence and I really don't know what they all mean. What a dumb cluck I am. LOL and prayers.

Judy, Do you soak your leg? I was wondering if there were any kind of salts or soaks your dr. recommends. Also, ARMETTA, How are you feeling? We've all been worried about you too. I hope everyone sleeps well, too and has a good HEALTHY weekend :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

ARMETTA--YOUR SWEET Oh, Judy, that is just terrible about the kitchen ceiling . You are such a strong person with being so sick and handling that YOU KNOW I WAS READING WHAT YOU WROTE AND THINKING....I WAS KINDA DOWN BUT THINK I'VE JUST REACHED THE POINT OF 'LETTING GO AND LET GOD' IT'S TAKEN ME A LONGGGGGGGGG COUPLE OF YEARS (AND ASIDE FROM BEING SO SCARED OVER THIS LAST CELLULITIS) I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS SCARED...) IT JUST SEEMS I'VE BEEN 'GROANING' ALOT WITH JIM OVER HEARING ME...LAST NITE AT DINNER HE SAID..WOW ..YOUR SURE GROANING ALOT...I SAID "WELL IT'S BETTER THAN CUSSING" :)

ALSO going to pick a smiley for the end of the last sentence and I really don't know what they all mean. What a dumb cluck I am. YOUR NOT A DUMB CLUNK (STILL LOVE THAT TERM) :lol: --WHY DO YOU THINK I USE THE 'HEART' :lol: DID USE A COUPLE YESTERDAY BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE JUST LOOKED LIKE A FIT TO WHAT I WAS FEELING....

PS..WE HAVE TO COME UP WITH A NEW PLAN FOR 'ALARM CLOCK WAKING ME UP' TO TAKE PILLS.. :angry: SET 3 ALARM CLOCKS LAST NITE...1 DIDN'T WORK, 2, WORKED BUT SHUT IT OFF :o

3 WORKED AND SHUT IT OFF TOO. :blink:

WAS TO GET PILL AT AT 4:00 AM AND INSTEAD WOKE UP ON MY OWN AT 5:30.... B) THAT'S WHY I'M TYPING THIS EARLY----- :blink: WAITING THE 1/2 HR.

ROBBIN---- Judy, Do you soak your leg? I was wondering if there were any kind of salts or soaks your dr. recommends HE PROBABLY WOULDN'T KNOW BUT CHIRO WOULD AND SHE SUGGESTED WRAPING A WET COLD TOWEL BEHIND THE BACK OF ARCH OF FOOT AND BRING AROUND AND CROSS OVER AND LAY ACROSS THE TOP OF FOOT AND LAY OVER WHERE ANKEL PUFFY.

LAST NITE THE ICE PACK (15 ON 15 OFF) WASN'T COLD SO DID THIS AND THIS AM ALL MEASURMENTS WERE DOWN..LEG LOOKED REALLY GOOD.

LYNNE RECOMMENDED A 'STRANGE TECQ SHE CALLED IT) IT'S TO DECREASE SWELLING AND INCREASE CIRCULATION...NOW I HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET BUT MIGHT TRY TODAY...

1. TAKE 2 PANS --BIG ENOUGH TO SOAK YOUR 'GOOD' FOOT TO ANKEL

2. PUT COLD WATER WITH A FEW ICE CUBES IN FIRST ONE

3. IN OTHER ONE PUT 'BATH TUB HOT WATER' IN IT

4. START WITH WARM SOAK OF GOOD FOOT FOR 3 MIN AND ALTERNATE 5 X'S IN AND OUT.

5 SO IT'S COLD-HOT-ENDING WITH COLD..

SHE SAYS IT MAKES THE SWELLING IN BAD LEG GO DOWN ????? WE BOTH AGREED IT'S STRANGE ENOUGH IF MIGHT WORK AND SHE SAYS IT DOES!

SO ROBBIN OR ANYONE ....WOULD YOU KNOW THE TEMP OF SOAKING WATER OR WHAT TO PUT IN.

CHIRO DID SAY TO USE MY 'ARNICA GEL' AND WITH LEG UP...STROKE W/FAST GENTLE STROKES WITH FINGER TIPS-- FROM ANKLE UP TO TOP OF CALF AND I COULD SEE THE REDNESS AND SWELLING START TO GO AWAY..SO THINK I'LL TRY THAT...

OK CAN GO BACK TO BED NOW...

THANKS FOR LISTENING..FEEL FREE TO POST ANY AND ALL IDEAS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY FRIENDS

JUDY

ANKEL

Guest BERNESES

Judy- I buy Lynne's strange technique. The human body is interesting so I wouldn't be surprised. I also love Arnica gel. Get some rest sweetie. We're still praying for you! Love, Beverly

Armetta- How are you doiong????

mouse Enthusiast

Thanks Berneses for asking. I am now climbing out of the pit. The antibiotics finally took hold yesterday. Also off of the oxygen. I posted on my prayer thread to thank everyone for the prayers and emotional support. Now that I am on the mend, I know that not having any of my food allergens is very doable. Conquered gluten-free cooking and will learn again. I told my husband last night, that I never thought that I would reach 64 and have to become an extremely healthy cook. He will get a few dinners that won't be to great until I get this in hand. Thank goodness he is so supportive.

Judy, you had better keep that leg up for the 3 days that you said you would!!! :ph34r: See that smiley - it means I am watching. HUGS for good health.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Bev and Armetta

Bev --I know it's strange enough to work..the stockings only made things so much worse... :angry:

today i've been off it but for 1 1/2 hrs and cleaned the front porch and alittle on the back deck..i WAS GOING BONKERS...

thanks for the prayers. Armetta glad your doing so well.

thanks again guys

judy in philly

Canadian Karen Community Regular
Bev and Armetta

Bev --I know it's strange enough to work..the stockings only made things so much worse... :angry:

today i've been off it but for 1 1/2 hrs and cleaned the front porch and alittle on the back deck..i WAS GOING BONKERS...

thanks for the prayers. Armetta glad your doing so well.

thanks again guys

judy in philly

Don't make me drive down there to make sure you stay off it!!!! :angry:

Armetta, thank God you have turned the corner.....

Luv ya both,

Karen

jenvan Collaborator

Judy-

Got your e-mail...I think I am getting all of them... Glad you really enjoy the book. I love it b/c I think God really does use it to speak to individuals at different times. A friend e-mailed out 2 passages from it last week b/c they really spoke to her, as she struggles to fight her alcoholism. I liked the one about the "Red Sea" from last week...

I'll be curious to see what you think of the houses when you look.

Still praying and hoping for you!! Love ya!

Guest nini

that "strange technique" is called contrast therapy and it can be very effective... I use it on my hands sometimes after especially busy weeks doing massage and it really helps.

Epsom salts or sea salts are also good to add to water as a soak to reduce toxins and inflammation, ask your Dr. or Chiropractor what they think about that...

I'm sorry this is hanging on for you and still giving you grief... take care of yourself please!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
that "strange technique" is called contrast therapy and it can be very effective... I use it on my hands sometimes after especially busy weeks doing massage and it really helps.

Epsom salts or sea salts are also good to add to water as a soak to reduce toxins and inflammation, ask your Dr. or Chiropractor what they think about that...

I'm sorry this is hanging on for you and still giving you grief... take care of yourself please!

SHOOT DID A LONG POST BUT LOST IT.

DANG

WILL DO LATER.

J

jenvan Collaborator
SHOOT DID A LONG POST BUT LOST IT.

DANG

WILL DO LATER.

J

Ah--hate it when that happens! :angry:

TCA Contributor

Hope you're feeling better today Judy!

Hugs!

Guest BERNESES

Hey Judy- Hang in there!!!!! When I had cellulitis, the doctor told me to soak my foot in warm water and epsom salt 4x per day. It's also a greaat bath when your muscles ache.

Armetta- Glad you are on the mend. I didn't see your original post so I'm going to read that now.

Thank God for this community!

Archived