This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dear Pizza Hut.....i Hate You........

angel-jd1

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I just have to vent. I am so sick of seeing the pizza hut commercials with their pizza and gooey ooey cheesey goodness all over ...............I then have major cravings for pizza. The OLD kind of pizza...the little personal pan pizzas from the hut. *sigh*

While I'm on the subject.......why in the world does every food commercial have to be filled with crunchy breaded goodness........geez!! Long John Silvers (which I always hated but now want to eat because it is crunchy food).....Kentucky Fried Chicken (which I also always hated) for some reason these places sound good to me!!

I have been gluten free for years now..........but lately the deep fried, breaded to the max, gluten loaded commercials are bothering me :) I guess I just need to make up a batch of gluten free junk food and then I can relax and forget about friggin pizza hut and their oooey gooey cheezy goodness gluten stuffs.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

the gluten free dork :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nini

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you made me snort out loud!!!!!

I totally agree with you! Why on earth do they have to have all those commercials! The pizza ones especially! I find myself drooling whenever they come on and hubby just laughs at me...

so, I'm just as dorky as you!

penguin Community Regular

I totally understand! I used to love Pizza Hut! You know when I stopped loving it? When in 10th grade biology I found out their nutritional information:

Serving Weight: 250g

Calories 630

Total Fat 27g

That's for a regular cheese personal pan pizza. Totally turned me off of it!

I've had Long John Silvers recently, because I thought the same thing, and then I remembered their fish tastes like paste :blink:

I'm actually missing my chebe pizza right now! I'm looking forward to being gluten-free again after this challenge, since I grew to like that stuff more!

Go make some ooey-gooey gluten-free junk food! :lol:

I know it will be ok....but days like today I feel like screaming at the tv "QUIT TAUNTING ME WITH YOUR FRIGGIN BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA"!!!! :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG--I know just what you mean!!! Lately, I've been seeing a comercial for KFC, where they are advertising a bowl of mashed potatoes, covered with fried chicken nuggets, corn, cheese and gravy. Now, any one of those ingredients would cause me pain, and it not something that I even probably would have gone for before--but it looks SO DARN good :D

Rusla Enthusiast

I worked for KFC once so that cured me of ever wanting their bucket of MSG. I used to love the smell of fresh baked goods, now they make me feel sick. I look like a leper today because somewhere there was a small grain of wheat or gluten that I happend to unwittingly touch now I have DH on my face. I hate them all we need advertisements for gluten-free things.

jennyj Collaborator

I agree. If you watch TV at all you can't go 10 minutes without something not gluten free is advertisied. I never ate a whole hamburger anyway before finding out I was celiac, I would end up removing the bun. But now whenever I see a Dairy Queen commercial advertising the one-two-three pattie charbroiled burger I find myself drooling. I can't believe the things I think I want now that I can't have them. The only thing I really miss when I see it advertised is waffles from IHOP.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

L.A. Contributor
I just have to vent. I am so sick of seeing the pizza hut commercials with their pizza and gooey ooey cheesey goodness all over ...............I then have major cravings for pizza. The OLD kind of pizza...the little personal pan pizzas from the hut. *sigh*

While I'm on the subject.......why in the world does every food commercial have to be filled with crunchy breaded goodness........geez!! Long John Silvers (which I always hated but now want to eat because it is crunchy food).....Kentucky Fried Chicken (which I also always hated) for some reason these places sound good to me!!

I have been gluten free for years now..........but lately the deep fried, breaded to the max, gluten loaded commercials are bothering me :) I guess I just need to make up a batch of gluten free junk food and then I can relax and forget about friggin pizza hut and their oooey gooey cheezy goodness gluten stuffs.

I know just what you mean...I hate the Krispy Kreme doughnut people. They came out with their doughnuts after my diagnosis--i never got to try them

Speaking of Krispy Kremes.....saw on the news yesterday that at a ballpark (don't remember which one) , they now serve a hamburger and instead of a bun they use a Krispy Kreme doughnut sliced!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds totally disgusting, however since I KNOW that I can not have it, I TOTALLY want to try it!!

Mango04 Enthusiast

The commercials that really irked me were by some fast food place - Jack in the Box I think. The slogan was "Bread is Back" I was diagnosed during the Atkins craze, so not eating bread was the norm...and then that commercial came out....

tarnalberry Community Regular

Another reason why I love Tivo. Though I don't really like that variety of food anyway... Eh. Silly hippy freak that I am. :-P

Here is an article on the Krispy Kreme burger: Open Original Shared Link

How about a Krispy Kreme hamburger?

Minor-league club offers 1,000-calorie sandwich with cheese, bacon, donuts

Baseball

NBCSports.com news services

Updated: 3:02 p.m. CT March 10, 2006

The minor-league team Gateway Grizzlies of the Frontier League will begin selling a concessions item that is not for the calorie-conscious, ESPN reported.

"Baseball's Best Burger," as the Grizzlies call it, will consist of a hamburger topped with cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon — all between a "bun" made of a sliced Krispy Kreme Original Glazed donut.

The burger is not for the faint of heart — literally — and will contain roughly 1,000 calories and 45 grams of fat.

"We have had the opportunity to bring in a new concession item for the past two seasons and each of them have been very successful," Grizzlies general manager Tony Funderburg told ESPN.

Funderburg, who said he has eaten at least 10 of the creations, claims he got the idea after reading about a restaurant in Atlanta with a similar sandwich, ESPN reported.

Funderberg said the team hopes to sell 100 to 200 of them a night at $4.50 each. The burger will only be available inside the stadium gates, according to ESPN.

Two years ago, the Grizzlies created what they called "Baseball's Best Hotdog" — a frank with two strips of bacon, onions, sauerkraut and cheese sauce. Then, last year they debuted the "Swiss Brat" — a bratwurst sausage with a slice of Swiss cheese in the middle of it, topped with sauerkraut.

"Baseball's Best Burger" follows in the tradition of other great sports-related sandwiches, including the Roethlisburger. Created in 2004 in honor of the Pittsburgh Steelers young quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, it's sold at a place called Peppi's and includes beef, sausage, scrambled eggs, onions and American cheese, according to ESPN.

The independent club, located outside St. Louis in Sauget, Ill., is in its sixth year of operation.

© 2006 NBC Sports.com

CarlaB Enthusiast

We moved about 14 years ago, were so busy we didn't have our cable hooked up till things slowed down ... well, they haven't slowed down yet!!!! I don't suffer through commercials because I never see them! We rent and buy movies for our tv fix.

Foods have never really tempted me. I guess I just don't like eating that much. It's too much of a hassle, especially with so many people to feed.

You are all pretty funny though!!

Dan Newbie

The schools serve Pizza Hut Pizza for lunch. My daughter is going to have a hard time in middle school watching all her friends eat pizza.

L.A. Contributor

Even if it was gluten-free, I wouldn't go for the Krispy Kreme burger--i think I'd rather really crispy onion rings :rolleyes:

2kids4me Contributor

Our school has Pizza day too. I either bring in a gluten-free pizza at lunch for them or send one. They allow my son to warm it up in the microwave (normally students arent allowed to use microwave in elementary school). I have one in elementary and one in junior high). The other students are actully a bit jealous cause the gluten-free pizzas look better than what they got! (dripping with grease etc)

Mango04 Enthusiast
The schools serve Pizza Hut Pizza for lunch. My daughter is going to have a hard time in middle school watching all her friends eat pizza.

You should try Cause Your Special pizza crust mix. It is AMAZING. Just like real pizza crust. You can make it ahead of time and your daughter can bring it for lunch. Chebe crust is awesome too.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

At our school's pizza day my son has Chicken Fried Rice. He had his own pizza the first time and all the other grade 1 & 2's were jealous because his was on a Batman plate, and theirs were in boxes. Ever since then he always has chicken fried rice. The fun lunch includes pizza or Arby's, chips and juice. Everytime I send him Guacamole Doritos or Cheese Rebellos (like cheese Doritos but gluten-free) he never eats them. So I quit sending them.

StrongerToday Enthusiast

I've been known to flip off a Pizza Hut as I'm driving past... :P

Imagine me Friday at my daughter's Ice Cream Social - pizza and ice cream abound!! My DD only ate one piece of pizza saying it tasted old... I almost didn't care, it was so tempting... but I stayed on the wagon!!

I've been known to flip off a Pizza Hut as I'm driving past... :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Totally my kind of person!! haha

Guhlia Rising Star

I used to work at 5-10 different Pizza Huts as a travelling shift manager. Guys, you're not missing out on anything. There are so many gross things that go on in places like those that I consider myself lucky that I can't eat it anymore. At our one store we used to get food poisoning complaints practically on a weekly basis. This wasn't a nasty, dirty, big-city restaurant either. This was one of the award winning red roofs in a small, clean town. Just the thought of Pizza Hut grosses me out now that I don't work there anymore. I hope I never have to smell stale vegetable oil and moldy cheese ever again. Ick...

shai76 Explorer

Last time I ate Pizza Hut, about 10 years ago, I ended up in the hospital and had a lovely near-death experience. Nothing like post-traumatic stress from nearly dying of food allergies to keep you from drooling over those things.

Though I admit, I make a great gluten and common allergen free pizza at home.

Smunkeemom Enthusiast

I agree with you about the commercials that have all the gluten in it, I am even having problems with the new Burger King commercials with the guys dressed up as burgers........god I want a burger............

I mean....NO......NO BURGERS, POISON NO GLUTEN YUCK!

Oh and yeah gluten is everywhere, Sunday my 3 year old was making a collage in Sunday school using grocery ads, and she kept telling the teacher "I don't want to put that on my picture it's gluten" she ended up with some grapes and strawberrys and a picture of salmon LOL

The teacher said she didn't realize how much gluten was in the newspaper that day :P All the other kids filled up their papers, pictures glued onto pictures and my kid has this newsprint size paper with 3 measly pics on it, I felt so bad.......but she was so proud of it

"LOOK MOM, NO GLUTEN!!!!!!!"

ROFL. :lol:

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
I agree with you about the commercials that have all the gluten in it, I am even having problems with the new Burger King commercials with the guys dressed up as burgers........god I want a burger............

I mean....NO......NO BURGERS, POISON NO GLUTEN YUCK!

Oh and yeah gluten is everywhere, Sunday my 3 year old was making a collage in Sunday school using grocery ads, and she kept telling the teacher "I don't want to put that on my picture it's gluten" she ended up with some grapes and strawberrys and a picture of salmon LOL

The teacher said she didn't realize how much gluten was in the newspaper that day :P All the other kids filled up their papers, pictures glued onto pictures and my kid has this newsprint size paper with 3 measly pics on it, I felt so bad.......but she was so proud of it

"LOOK MOM, NO GLUTEN!!!!!!!"

ROFL. :lol:

Good for her. Last time I was volunteering at grade 1/2 the kids were singing some kind of song that must have been about farmers because all I could hear was the chorus: something about wheat, barley, oats. That same day on the table I was using were all sorts of boxes of cereal, granola all this stuff I can't even remember so when the teacher came in I asked what was going on, singing songs and collecting boxes of stuff Ty can't eat.

Green12 Enthusiast

That would be hard :(

Middle school lunches are the start to making your own food choices. Elementary school your mom either packed your lunch or there was one choice in the cafeteria for each day that everyone ate. Middle school they had like a mini food court with many things to choose from. At least it was in my school system, and that was some years ago so maybe it has changed by now?

Maybe over the summer you can find some fun and yummy substitutes for her to take in her own lunches so she will not feel left out or deprived of the experience.

Archived