This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dear Pizza Hut.....i Hate You........

angel-jd1

lindalee Enthusiast
I almost hate the new Subway ads more than pizza hut. I never did like PH pizza, but am a big fan of sub sandwiches. Especially the toasted kind (several chains come to mind here).

DW makes me some gluten-free bread at home to have my toasted sandwiches on, but deep down I know they're not quite the same.

Yea, I was a regular there. Of course I always ordered whole wheat. LLee

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lindalee Enthusiast
Krispy Kreme donuts never have been a big deal to me. In fact I had only heard of them a few years ago, as they werent a NJ thing. Then they come in and build the first Krispy Kreme in NJ right in my town. Needless to say... they have closed their doors forever. Out of business. Guess NJ doesnt like Krispy Kremes that much. We can still get them boxed like an Entenmenns, but that is the only way.

I gained weight when I went away to college and when I came home one of the first places I wanted to go was Krispy Kreme. GLAZED! Of course I drank Tabs back then. LLee

prinsessa Contributor

The one thing I have been craving more than cakes or cookies is pizza! I made a tombstone pizza for the kids a week or so ago and had to stop myself several times from eating it. I even picked a piece up and started to bring it to my mouth. I was so proud of myself because I put it back down. And we walked past this pizza restuarant that we used to go to the other day. I had to hold my breath so I would walk in there. And I have tried the gluten free versions of pizzas (like Amy's)....not the same at all :( .

schuyler Apprentice
Also, I have a tortilla pizza suggestion. I like to make mexican pizzas. I put refried beans on the tortilla then veggies (onions, green peppers, jalapenos, etc.) or just salsa. Top it all off with Cheddar cheese and bake it until it's nice and gooey. Hmmm... i might go make one now... :)

That sounds really good :D

Ashley Enthusiast
I almost hate the new Subway ads more than pizza hut. I never did like PH pizza, but am a big fan of sub sandwiches. Especially the toasted kind (several chains come to mind here).

DW makes me some gluten-free bread at home to have my toasted sandwiches on, but deep down I know they're not quite the same.

Oh I absolutely feel the pain of the Subway commericals. Espeically when the good and cheesy-melty stuff comes out.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Krispy Kreme donuts never have been a big deal to me. In fact I had only heard of them a few years ago, as they werent a NJ thing. Then they come in and build the first Krispy Kreme in NJ right in my town. Needless to say... they have closed their doors forever. Out of business. Guess NJ doesnt like Krispy Kremes that much. We can still get them boxed like an Entenmenns, but that is the only way.

the krispy kreme near where I work closed down too so I guess jersey really doesn't care for them... I never heard of them until a few years ago either and didn't care for them much when I tried them... I do however pass a dunkin donuts every 5 minutes and wouldn't mind a glazed or boston creme donut.. or something from the other hundred fast food joints and restaurants I pass by each day

Though I admit, I make a great gluten and common allergen free pizza at home.

what do you make this with? I'm avoiding most common allergens and figured pizza wouldn't even be worth a shot since I can't have dairy or gluten (or even soy for that matter)

Lister Rising Star

this post is depressing all the food :( lol back to my rice chips mmm

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

2tired Apprentice
Even if it was gluten-free, I wouldn't go for the Krispy Kreme burger--i think I'd rather really crispy onion rings :rolleyes:

I never thought that I would see the day that I craved bread, but I actually crave it now more than I do chocolate. I would like to have some real crackers also. Those rice things just don't get it for me.

skoki-mom Explorer

Pizza was never a big deal for me, and has been the easiest thing to give up. However, don't get me going on hamburgers. God, what I wouldn't do for a burger :(

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I made some mexican pizza today. It was pretty darn good. Cheezy and Saucey mmmmmmmm Maybe that will satisfy my craving for a while..........maybe :P

-Jessica :rolleyes:

flagbabyds Collaborator

Imagine not being able to chew or eat anything in teh hospital, and the only station they have in the ICU is the FOOD NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was making me so hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie O'Rourke Rookie
you get a prescription for what? sorry I am too American to understand, what is Pizza base?

:P

seriously, someone was talking about biccies on here a while back and it took me like 3 hours to figure out they meant biscuits but that really means cookies :blink:

I think pizza base is referred to as the crust over there from what ive read - what I meant is the bread-type base which you then piel your fillings onto. You take your own crust and make up a gluten-free pizza for you. :P yummy

Archived