Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest momx3

For Those With Gluten Tolerant & Intolerant Family Members

I have two kids but the youngest (17 mo. ) is the one with the possible Celiacs (not DX by docs yet) I changed his diet because he had been sick for 4 months. At the begining i started with a couple of things (1 week) but then threw everything glutened in my pantry away (which was almost everything!!) And went and bought everything gluten free with the exception of cheze it for my 7 yr old daughter. When we started the diet I told my daughter that before giving my son anything she needed to ask me first. We had her glutened snacks for school in a lower latched cabinete and told my daughter that she could eat anything she wanted with gluten at school and outside the house. well, my hudini like son somehow got in to the cabinete and ate some cheze its and that was the end of that!! Now we are completly gluten free and my daughter doesnt care. She eats gluten free pasta and gluten free everything and she likes it very very much! It's become second nature in three months for all of us and she really doesn't miss it. She even has her sandwiches on gluten free bread for her lunch at school!!

Our house is 90% gluten free now (with the exception of some of hubby's snacks) but when it wasn't all the gluten was out of reach for my girls and they had a "safe snack cabinet" that had healthy gluten free stuff for them. That way they could get their own snacks and I didn't have to check everything every single time.

Also, I don't keep gluten in my fridge at all so everything in there is safe (except for Daddy's butter that has a big red X on the lid in marker)

We have a mixed lot around here...my son and I are gluten-free but everyone else isn't. I spent most of this year with 2 extra students home schooling at my house, and ended up making tons and tons of gluten PB&J's for them...I think this has really effected my health because I have been really up and down but I've been very careful about what I eat myself. I am just about ready to cut everyone off the gluten and go completely gluten-free, that way I'd at least know if I'm getting CC'd or if I may have some other problem in addition to the gluten. It should be easier this summer since the students won't be here.

Other than my husbands breakfasts and lunches which include regular bread and non gluten-free deli meat, everything else is gluten-free.

Hershey's Kisses are gluten-free.

Hershey will clearly disclose gluten sources in the ingredient list, so if you don't see wheat, rye, barley or oats mentioned, the product is gluten-free.

I don't have the package anymore and I'm starting to react to something so I was worried about eating them today.

Floridian,

How do you do with soy. They may have soy lecithin in them. I know chocolate chips and carob chips do.