Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest nini

Classico Sauces

Which sauce did you have (flavor)? Maybe your stomach cannot tollerate one of the ingredients in that flavor sauce. I have Classico Sauce all the time and have no problem stomach wise. I do get the after taste from the Tomato Basil though, so I have been trying different flavors.

I am not a tea drinker but have you checked out the tea you are drinking, if it is gluten free? Some are and some are not safe.

Hope you keep feeling better :)

I had the... Tomato and Basil, I think. In fact, I'm pretty sure!

The tea is gluten-free, I checked after I got home. =)

I am feeling much better today, thank you, and I haven't had another problem since Tuesday. I haven't been eating the Classico, either. It's probably just safer, at this point, if I make my own! A friend sent me a great recipe -- the same sauce she made for us this past weekend.

Thanks, GlutenGal!

I have a problem with Prego and not Classico. Only Prego's traditional style is supposed to be totally gluten free and other flavors only in certain size jars (geeez lets keep making things harder!). Anyway its the prego's traditional size that made me sick so I switched to Classico (a little too chunky for me) and I haven't reacted yet. I'm not saying its not the classico making you sick because I read that most people do fine with the prego, its so frusterating trying to figure it out sometimes :(

I realize this thread is pretty old, but I came across it when googling "Classico gluten".

Why, you may ask? Because I am 99.99% certain that I was glutened by the sweet basil Classico sauce.

Tinkyada pasta. Gluten-free kitchen (except for instances like this sauce...). Mozzarella cheese on top (No, it doesn't usually bother me). Violently ill almost instantly.

The sad part is, I had been looking forward to my baked spaghetti for about 3 days. I took a couple bites, felt instantly nauseous, thought I was just crazy or getting sick or something, and I threw the rest in the trash. Little did I know I would continue on with other definitive gluten reaction symptoms...

Classico sauce gets the FAIL award from me.