This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bloody Stool

moussyluv

moussyluv Newbie

I have a question.. <_< I've gone to the bathroom a few times today and the last time i went (which was about 1/2 hour ago), there was what looked like blood inmy stool.. thing is, of course, as you all know, it comes out watery, so there was actually no stool. This is embrassing for me to post but i need to know if this is normal. Iis it? this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I havent gone since. This is scaring me and eventually i will go see my doctor, but wanted heads up. im not even sure if it was blood, but it was bright red.

:(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Do you possibly have or could you have hemorrhoids? Many times those cause blood in your stool.

Open Original Shared Link

-Jessica :rolleyes:

moussyluv Newbie

[Hi jessica.. No, i do not have hemorrhoids.. :(

quote name='angel_jd1' date='Jun 11 2006, 09:15 PM' post='151747']

Do you possibly have or could you have hemorrhoids? Many times those cause blood in your stool.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Well you may want to check out the link I posted and see if any of your symptoms match those of hemorrhoids. Good luck.

moussyluv Newbie

I read it. hmm, sounds like it.. i thought hemorrhoids was something else. thank u..

Well you may want to check out the link I posted and see if any of your symptoms match those of hemorrhoids. Good luck.

Ashley Enthusiast

moussyluv- important, Did you have to strain to make a bm? I'm in the same boat. Went to the doctor, had an exam, and got put on a powder lax. I had no signs of fissures or hemorrhoids (don't know about internal hemorrhoids though yet). I took it, no blood, but it made me go so much I stopped taking it 'cause it made me sick at my stomach a lot. The blood came back, so, the backed it down to a half-cup and probably going to have a scope :( If your straining, that may be the the reason there's blood in your stool.

flagbabyds Collaborator

I found when taking MiraLax that taking a quarter of the dose reccomended didn't give me a stomach ache, try cutting it down to that so it still helps but won't give you a stomach ache.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

moussyluv Newbie

Wow, really? No, I didnt strain at all. I never really have to as it comes out on its own ya know?

moussyluv- important, Did you have to strain to make a bm? I'm in the same boat. Went to the doctor, had an exam, and got put on a powder lax. I had no signs of fissures or hemorrhoids (don't know about internal hemorrhoids though yet). I took it, no blood, but it made me go so much I stopped taking it 'cause it made me sick at my stomach a lot. The blood came back, so, the backed it down to a half-cup and probably going to have a scope :( If your straining, that may be the the reason there's blood in your stool.
jerseyangel Proficient
Wow, really? No, I didnt strain at all. I never really have to as it comes out on its own ya know?

Hi--even if you don't strain, you could still have hemmorhiods. I have never been constipated in my life--quite the opposite! During my colonoscopy, the doctor found internal hammorhoids. Having D frequently is very irritating to our tissue, and can cause this.

mart Contributor

Hi moussyluv. You said the blood was bright red, which could probably mean it isn't coming from way deep internally (good sign). It may be hemmorhoids, but you never know. Blood anywhere is something to check out with the doctor. By the way, was it a little blood or a lot?

Kris Fisher Rookie

Hi moussyluv, not to say you have this BUT my Daughter at age 4 had E-coli. It presented her with painful stomach cramps and diahria (sp?) then after a full night of every 15 minutes of diahria the blood in her stool came. There was nothing but blood. She was hospitalized for 30 days and had dialisis for 3 of those weeks. I'm not trying to scare you but I would definatly check it out. The only way the can diagnose e-coli is thru a stool sample which in MN it took 1 week.

NicoleAJ Enthusiast

It's important to get it checked out--I bled for months to the point of exhaustion before we got the proper diagnosis. At first it was believed that I had internal hemmroids, which I had had before, so the treatment was a type of steroid, but this did not stop the bleeding. Upon receiving the third colonoscopy in 5 years, they discovered that I had proctitis, which is essentially the same thing as ulcerative colitis, except the ulcers only settle in the rectum instead of the colon. Proctitis is treated by a different type of suppository than hemmroids are, and after only a few weeks of treatment, I was back to normal. It's a chronic disease that will go away and return throughout your life, particularly during stressful periods, but now at the first sign of blood, I simply use the meds for a week or so and I'm back to normal. But you'd be amazed at how much blood you can lose through stool and still be able to function normally--it's just tough for women who already lose some iron in their normal cycle--if you lose too much blood, talk to your doctor about whether or not you might need iron supplements to account for the loss.

Archived