This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Liver Cause Of Celiac Did Anyone See This Site?!

Webcrystal

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
I don't blame doctors though. They are only practising what they have been taught. Plus they are under pressure from the drug companies who actually do have vested interests.

I totally blame doctors. I don't care what they are told by the pharmaceutical companies. The doctors are supposed to be the brightest and most well-educated professionals in our society, and they DO take an oath to "first, do no harm." In my experience, very few of them actually use their brains and THINK, and most of them do irreparable harm.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
skbird Contributor
Wow, you're sure good at finding the quackers, aren't you?!

I should get work as a quack detector. :)

FWIW, he is great for physical therapy. I just know not to buy supplements now unless we read every ingredient first (he gave me a refund on the stuff I couldn't take).

Live and learn.

Stephanie

skbird Contributor
Just ask yourself this, is the world getting healthier? No, it's getting sicker and sicker. Mainstream cannot give a definitive answer on what is causing diseases so I don't blame the population for continuing with their slack dietary habits. The world will continue to get sicker if symptoms are treated with drugs which create new symptoms as a side-effect. Then you end up taking drugs to suppress side effects caused by the previous drug, and so on and so forth. The whole thing is a shambles.

I actually put more blame in the overuse of toxins in society, not medicine. Medicine has its negative effects and I don't mind saying most meds are totally ridiculous (just listen to the pill ads on tv for stomach problems that may cause, surprise, surprise, stomach problems). But the external toxins building up in our society, our world, especially since the industrial revolution have a more far-reaching effect on the general population than Vioxx or any other prescription ever has. And then there's the prescription drugs that are getting into our water supply, most famously birth control hormones that flush out of our bodies, into the sewer system and end up in the local creeks and streams. Mr. Burnes three-eyed fish on the Simpsons is a reality.

I have prescription meds I was given and won't take - how do I rid myself of them now? If I toss them in the trash, there's the potential for someone going through my trash finding them and taking them. If I flush them, then potentially more three-eyed fish are created (yes, I'm being a little hyperbolic, but it is reality).

Then there's things like cars. I don't mean because they use petrol and smog up the air - I mean new car smell, all those lovely toxins scenting up the air - many are direcetly related to poisoning the liver. We are a world awash in fumes and things that are breaking down our immune systems.

As I have so many allergies/sensitivities, I tell people I am like the canary in the coal mine and while many people I know may not realize they are also being affected, they better pay attention, because it's not going to go away.

Wow, sorry for getting heavy.

Stephanie

PS a kinder, gentler liver cleaning (for those inclined - it's not a bad thing, but it's not the answer to everything, either), you can make a juice out of apples, celery, beet, carrot, and ginger root and drink that down. It's really not that bad and the beet especially helps keep the bile moving, which is helpful in digestion and keeping your liver happy. That and turmeric supplements - which are also great for inflammation. :)

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I just want to add one more thing about liver 'stones' they do not appear to exist. I have done searches on every medical web site I know of and the only things coming up in searches are companies that are pushing liver cleansing. If anyone knows of a actual medical site that has info on them I would be interested to see the links.

merlin23 Newbie
I just want to add one more thing about liver 'stones' they do not appear to exist. I have done searches on every medical web site I know of and the only things coming up in searches are companies that are pushing liver cleansing. If anyone knows of a actual medical site that has info on them I would be interested to see the links.

Open Original Shared Link

About as conventional as it gets.

Okay, that looks pretty convincing...

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Thank you

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

Except that if you actually read it, they say that intrahepatic stones are uncommon in western countries and that they are treated by radiological and surgical methods. Funny how cleanses are never mentioned if they are so effective in getting rid of stones.

Just a thought.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Except that if you actually read it, they say that intrahepatic stones are uncommon in western countries and that they are treated by radiological and surgical methods. Funny how cleanses are never mentioned if they are so effective in getting rid of stones.

Just a thought.

Thanks, I was only able to access part of the article and got an error message when I tried to go for the whole thing. At least we know they exist. I did find an article that explains what it is people are actually seeing when they do a cleanse involving epsom salts, olive oil and one other ingredient I won't mention cause I don't want people to try it. There is a chemical reaction that occurs between the salt, the oil and the other substance that causes a film or crust to form in the stomach that then encases the oil globules and this is what people are seeing. I don't understand how stones would get from the liver to the GI tract anyway. It may be part of the digestive process in a way but it's main purpose is to filter the blood and our food never enters it so how would stones get from the liver to the intestines to be passed? Well all are entitled to their own beliefs and opinions and I guess if someone feels it is helping them and it isn't hurting them (that's a big if IMHO with cleanses of any kind other than food) then nothing I say will deter anyway.

On the other hand, we all know that Western Medicine treats EVERYTHING by surgical, chemical, or radiological methods. Just look at all the ads for IBS meds, ADD meds, even meds for the common cold!

On the other hand, we all know that Western Medicine treats EVERYTHING by surgical, chemical, or radiological methods. Just look at all the ads for IBS meds, ADD meds, even meds for the common cold!

Also true, but ravenwoodglass has a point, the only plausible place these stones would come from is the bile duct. If they're intrahepatic stones, they aren't getting out that way. :blink:

I don't know though, I pretty much trust the dr's at John's Hopkins. Also, the pharmaceutical companies would have been all over the liver cleanses if they actually worked. <_<

merlin23 Newbie
Also true, but ravenwoodglass has a point, the only plausible place these stones would come from is the bile duct. If they're intrahepatic stones, they aren't getting out that way. :blink:

I don't know though, I pretty much trust the dr's at John's Hopkins. Also, the pharmaceutical companies would have been all over the liver cleanses if they actually worked. <_<

They wouldn't be all over it because they couldn't be all over it. Everyone tom, dick, and harry would know the procedure costs a few dollars from the local grocery store. Can't see how they would patent such a product anyway.

The stones do move out of the bile ducts, through the common bile duct and the intestine through the action stimulated by the olive oil. 4oz of olive oil causes the gallbladder and liver to dump all the bile and it's contents into the small intestine. Contents being intrahepatic stones.

And this spiel about epsom salts, oil, and lemon juice( think people could find this ingredient fairly easily without looking too hard) mixing together to form stones is the big load of rubbish. The reason it is rubbish is because on some flushes you can get up to two hundred of these green stones and then on the next flush you get about three. If it was the flush ingredients creating stones you would get roughly the same amount every time. People after a while stop getting stones at all so don't listen to that nonsense about saponification of oil and epsom salts.

In regards to those scans, the only stones they can pick up are calcified stones which are visible on X-ray. 90 % of the stones are actually cholestrol and are made of bile. Bile stones do not show up on X-ray.

CarlaB Enthusiast
They wouldn't be all over it because they couldn't be all over it. Everyone tom, dick, and harry would know the procedure costs a few dollars from the local grocery store. Can't see how they would patent such a product anyway.

The stones do move out of the bile ducts, through the common bile duct and the intestine through the action stimulated by the olive oil. 4oz of olive oil causes the gallbladder and liver to dump all the bile and it's contents into the small intestine. Contents being intrahepatic stones.

And this spiel about epsom salts, oil, and lemon juice( think people could find this ingredient fairly easily without looking too hard) mixing together to form stones is the big load of rubbish. The reason it is rubbish is because on some flushes you can get up to two hundred of these green stones and then on the next flush you get about three. If it was the flush ingredients creating stones you would get roughly the same amount every time. People after a while stop getting stones at all so don't listen to that nonsense about saponification of oil and epsom salts.

In regards to those scans, the only stones they can pick up are calcified stones which are visible on X-ray. 90 % of the stones are actually cholestrol and are made of bile. Bile stones do not show up on X-ray.

So, do you just drink 4 oz. of olive oil and that's it??? Seems pretty benign.

merlin23 Newbie
So, do you just drink 4 oz. of olive oil and that's it??? Seems pretty benign.

Epsom salts relaxes bile ducts, lemon juice assists the olive oil in increasing contraction of gallbladder and liver. It is a fairly straightforward method. It's not new either. It has been around for centuries, especially in greece and cyprus. It's only recently that the methods have been picked up by certain people.

According to modern medicine, nothing can ever be easy, everything has got to be a drama. Mainstream is suspicious of everything that doesn't involve surgery or some aggressive pescription drug. A spade is never a spade to them.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Epsom salts relaxes bile ducts, lemon juice assists the olive oil in increasing contraction of gallbladder and liver. It is a fairly straightforward method. It's not new either. It has been around for centuries, especially in greece and cyprus. It's only recently that the methods have been picked up by certain people.

According to modern medicine, nothing can ever be easy, everything has got to be a drama. Mainstream is suspicious of everything that doesn't involve surgery or some aggressive pescription drug. A spade is never a spade to them.

So, how is it done? Specifically? I'm not asking how it works, I'm wondering how it's done.

What is the difference between epsom salts and regular table salt or Kosher salt?

merlin23 Newbie
So, how is it done? Specifically? I'm not asking how it works, I'm wondering how it's done.

What your supposed to do is drink apple juice for a few days prior to the flush to soften the stones so more stones come out per cleanse. The malic acid supposedly does this although I have never bothered with the apple juice part and it made no difference.

On the day of the flush you eat lightly until early afternoon when you stop eating anything. At 6pm take a teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water, which while relaxing bile ducts, is also an osmotic laxative(this makes it different to table/kosher salt) which helps clear away waste from small intestine. Then another teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water at around 10 pm to do the same thing as above. At around 10.30 you take the Olive Oil/Lemon juice and then lie down still for 20 minutes. Most of the action happens during this twenty minutes so after around 40 minutes you can either stay in bed or get up and do whatever(apart from eat or strenous activites, because the liver is doing it's stuff)

Next morning take another dose or two of the epsom salts in warm water so to accelerate passing of stones in a morning bowel movement. You will probably feel the urge to go around late morning or early afternoon. The stones float in the toilet.

After that you can start eating normally and your work is done!

It is a bit of heavy process in the sense that you can't believe your actually drinking 4oz olive oil and so you've got to block out any negative thoughts because you will find it hard to drink it otherwise. The whole thing soon becomes second nature after a while though.

2kids4me Contributor

One thing that should be noted is that anyone with other medical conditions should proceed with caution. Yes, epsom salts is a laxative. Diabetics on insulin would not be able to do this. Someone with kidney disease and/or heart disease should not do this. Some taking other medication orally should not do this - the laxative effect speeds intestinal contents through the bowel, thus meds are not absorbed well. Also some meds combined with various salts - can alter the effect.

This was an interesting disclaimer considering they say that the liver flush will cure celiac

I think I will follow the curezone advice they give on the disclaimer about any treatments they advertise:

Nothing that you can read on this website should be regarded as medical or health advice. None of the statements on CureZone.com are suppose to be understood as a recommendation as to how to treat any particular disease or health related condition. If you require medical or other assistance, you should consult a health professional!

** yet they advertise a cure for celiac: There are many people who cured Celiac disease by cleansing liver & gallbladder. **

The results reported on CureZone WILL NOT occur in all individuals.

There is NO way that results reported WILL occur in all individuals.

Don't be naive!

All humans are not identical!

What cures one person, may kill another.

CarlaB Enthusiast
What your supposed to do is drink apple juice for a few days prior to the flush to soften the stones so more stones come out per cleanse. The malic acid supposedly does this although I have never bothered with the apple juice part and it made no difference.

On the day of the flush you eat lightly until early afternoon when you stop eating anything. At 6pm take a teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water, which while relaxing bile ducts, is also an osmotic laxative(this makes it different to table/kosher salt) which helps clear away waste from small intestine. Then another teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water at around 10 pm to do the same thing as above. At around 10.30 you take the Olive Oil/Lemon juice and then lie down still for 20 minutes. Most of the action happens during this twenty minutes so after around 40 minutes you can either stay in bed or get up and do whatever(apart from eat or strenous activites, because the liver is doing it's stuff)

Next morning take another dose or two of the epsom salts in warm water so to accelerate passing of stones in a morning bowel movement. You will probably feel the urge to go around late morning or early afternoon. The stones float in the toilet.

After that you can start eating normally and your work is done!

It is a bit of heavy process in the sense that you can't believe your actually drinking 4oz olive oil and so you've got to block out any negative thoughts because you will find it hard to drink it otherwise. The whole thing soon becomes second nature after a while though.

Interesting. Thank you for posting this. Hmmm.

Oh joy, diarrhea for two days. That's exciting! And certainly not a daily occurance in MANY MANY celiacs.

I will make the statement again, don't go screwing up your body even more if your body is already screwed up. Celiacs don't need to do anything more to their already messed up digestive systems. JMHO.

merlin23 Newbie
Oh joy, diarrhea for two days. That's exciting! And certainly not a daily occurance in MANY MANY celiacs.

I will make the statement again, don't go screwing up your body even more if your body is already screwed up. Celiacs don't need to do anything more to their already messed up digestive systems. JMHO.

I don't mind if you do flush, it's a free world, but it would be refreshing if your responded with something intelligent instead of saying you will "screw up your body" if you do the flush and quoting a paragraph from curezone (what do you expect them to say?). This comment is based on pure ignorance.

Someone like Carla, who is does not look at every comment with intense cynicism like many here, may benefit from this and it would be a shame if she was scare-mongered out of it by people who will find a cloud in everything.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I don't mind if you do flush, it's a free world, but it would be refreshing if your responded with something intelligent instead of saying you will "screw up your body" if you do the flush and quoting a paragraph from curezone (what do you expect them to say?). This comment is based on pure ignorance.

Someone like Carla, who is does not look at every comment with intense cynicism like many here, may benefit from this and it would be a shame if she was scare-mongered out of it by people who will find a cloud in everything.

"On the day of the flush you eat lightly until early afternoon when you stop eating anything. At 6pm take a teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water, which while relaxing bile ducts, is also an osmotic laxative(this makes it different to table/kosher salt) which helps clear away waste from small intestine. Then another teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water at around 10 pm to do the same thing as above. At around 10.30 you take the Olive Oil/Lemon juice and then lie down still for 20 minutes. Most of the action happens during this twenty minutes so after around 40 minutes you can either stay in bed or get up and do whatever(apart from eat or strenous activites, because the liver is doing it's stuff)"

It would also be a shame for someone who does not know they have gallbladder problems to do this. It would send them into a full blown gallbladder attack. It would also be a shame for someone who is celiac and still having D to do this as it might very well throw off their electrolyte balance. This could do serious damage to organs. I also find it interesting that you are telling folks to lay still after the olive oil and lemon juice stating that most of the 'action' occurs during that 20 minutes. The action is the aforementioned process of the lemon and salt binding around the olive oil globules. That is what you will see floating, thanks for helping to confirm my past statement.

merlin23 Newbie
"On the day of the flush you eat lightly until early afternoon when you stop eating anything. At 6pm take a teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water, which while relaxing bile ducts, is also an osmotic laxative(this makes it different to table/kosher salt) which helps clear away waste from small intestine. Then another teaspoon of epsom salts in warm water at around 10 pm to do the same thing as above. At around 10.30 you take the Olive Oil/Lemon juice and then lie down still for 20 minutes. Most of the action happens during this twenty minutes so after around 40 minutes you can either stay in bed or get up and do whatever(apart from eat or strenous activites, because the liver is doing it's stuff)"

It would also be a shame for someone who does not know they have gallbladder problems to do this. It would send them into a full blown gallbladder attack. It would also be a shame for someone who is celiac and still having D to do this as it might very well throw off their electrolyte balance. This could do serious damage to organs. I also find it interesting that you are telling folks to lay still after the olive oil and lemon juice stating that most of the 'action' occurs during that 20 minutes. The action is the aforementioned process of the lemon and salt binding around the olive oil globules. That is what you will see floating, thanks for helping to confirm my past statement.

So, in twenty minutes between 40-300 semi-solid stones are created by oil and lemon juice, and salt? yeah whatever. You lay still so you can allow the liver to release stones and you can get nauseous if you carry on moving around. As I said before, on some flushes you get two or three hundred stones, on others you can get hardly anything. If it is the flush ingredients creating the stones, why don't you get the same every time? Find an answer for that then come back to me.

One of the prime reasons for the flush is too treat people with gallbladder problems. People who are actually opposed to having their gallbladders hacked off are able to keep them when the flushes stop their gallbladder attacks. The copious amounts of bile produced in the flush act as lubricant to ensure a gallbladder attack is extremely unlikely. If it does happen, another flush or the epsom salts will remedy it. It hardly ever happens.

Electroltye issues would easily addressed by drinking water before and after the flush.

I see you've gone to some site and reeled off the usual rubbish that doctors think up to oppose the flush.

Guest Robbin

Fiddle-Faddle-to answer your question-Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate heptahydrate-it is a laxative and also used as a soak. When used as a soak, it reduces swelling. For someone with celiac who has chronic D the way I had --sometimes 14-15 times a day --this would be very dangerous as mentioned by another poster. My electrolytes have been so out of whack that I have had to go the the emergency room for heart-beat problems caused by very low potassium levels and dehydration. What would ingesting epsom salts do to a celiac who has these symptoms?

It was a "tongue-in-cheek" statement when I said (to merlin) that you sounded like you had a vested interest in liver flush solutions. I really should have said your statements make you sound like an old fashioned snake oil salesman. I am glad they help you but you could kill someone in the throes of D and dehydration.

It's a sure sign that an argument is deteriorating when you're criticizing the spelling, semantics, and grammar of another person in the discussion. I also didn't quote a paragraph from curezone, that was 2kids4me. I read the article that YOU YOURSELF provided, and discussed that. Sorry, I thought I was making an intelligent argument there.

It's incredibly easy for someone who has never experienced a disease to suggest a cure. Until you yourself experience the physical consequences of chronic diarrhea, you have no idea what you're dealing with. Same goes for celiac disease/gluten intolerance. Dehydration, mineral depletion, vitamin deficiency, weight loss, pain, lightheadedness, irritation, hemmerhoids, the list goes on. For someone with a reasonably normally functioning digestive system, diarrhea for a few days feels cleansing. For a celiac, taking laxative on top of the diarrhea that is already occuring is asking for a hospital visit. If I remember correctly, epsom salts are a pretty powerful laxative.

Celiac is no more curable than type 1 diabetes, cystic fibrosis, lupus, or multiple sclerosis. We're lucky in that we have a known cause for our illness and a way to treat it, without drugs.

My intense "cynicism" towards liver flushes is that they are dangerous, especially for a celiac. So is the thought that celiac disease can be cured with a flush of olive oil, epsom salts, and lemon juice. That is an opinion formed by research. When you give me a peer reviewed study on the safety and effectiveness of a liver cleanse, then maybe you'll be able to convince me otherwise. You say mainstream medicine only looks at treatments with drugs and surgeries? OK, explain the multiple studies in every reputable medical journey about the effectiveness of the gluten-free diet for celiacs, or diet for managing type 2 diabetes.

Archived