This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sensodyne Toothpaste By Glaxosmithkline

ms-sillyak-screwed

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

Well, with each passing day I find more an more things that I have thought were safe and I find they are poisoning us.

I called 1-866-844-2797 besides being left on hold for 30 minutes a woman came on that wasn't as nice as I had expected. I asked about the ingredients, and she said I can read you the label. I said I can do that, I ask her to explain to me what the words all ment.

I explained I had food allergies and be came reactive when using their product.

She told me that GlaxoSmithKline can NOT guarantee it does not contain GLUTEN, CORN or SOY.

BEWARE OF SENSODYNE TOOTHPASTE!

I explained how we (Celiac) consumers have started a grass roots movement for change. And how I will post these new finding for millions to read. I shamed them being a drug company and putting ingredients in the products that make us sick. I brought up the fact of the Mc Donald's suit how the company lied to the consumers, and how more companies should explect more suits. And how we are also going to fight to get drug labeling laws so we know what the drug companies are poising us with.

She didn't want to listen and said "I got your point I have to hang up now."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

I admire your determination. On the behalf of parents with children on restricted diets, or anyone with restricted diets that can't find 30 minutes to stay on hold, THANK YOU!! Thank you for your input and research that you share with the forum. You have helped so much.

L.

tarnalberry Community Regular

They have always said that their toothpaste has gluten in it - no surprise there. No company will universally eliminate all the items *you* (or any other single person) is intolerant of.

(Personally, I don't want them to eliminate corn in everything. It would drive up prices unnecessarily, and the vast majority of people can tolerate it just fine.)

There are many other toothpastes - including sensitive toothpastes (which I use) - that are safe for us to use. (Well, I admit to not knowing about the corn part, just the gluten and dairy.)

• 3 weeks later...
ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

I have switched to AQUA FRESH and have not been reactive from it... The company said they don't use gluten, soy or corn.

Anyone know if there is a thread of 'safe' toothpaste and mouthwash already?

Or what is everyone else using that is free of gluten, soy and corn?

penguin Community Regular
They have always said that their toothpaste has gluten in it - no surprise there. No company will universally eliminate all the items *you* (or any other single person) is intolerant of.

(Personally, I don't want them to eliminate corn in everything. It would drive up prices unnecessarily, and the vast majority of people can tolerate it just fine.)

There are many other toothpastes - including sensitive toothpastes (which I use) - that are safe for us to use. (Well, I admit to not knowing about the corn part, just the gluten and dairy.)

Well said, Tiffany. And no reason for us to piss of all these companies unnecessarily. Especially when they didn't lie about their ingredients and didn't market it as gluten-free to celiacs (or to celiacs at all).

Guest BERNESES

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just solved my puzzle. I just bought sensodyne last week and I've been feeling like heck and trying to figure out why!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Toledo!!!!!

It DEFINITELY contains gluten? That would explain a heck of a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived