Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mabc

What, Oh What, Am I Doing Wrong?

Hi all,

After being gluten-free for about a month,

I think I may have been glutened a week ago because I had to go out of town and eat at a restaurant. I tried really hard to pick non-G food. I developed really bad hemorrhoids, what seemed to me to be mild C, and having a hard time getting over those. It is taking so long that I'm wondering if I'm missing something in my diet.

Bread was a big staple for me before and now I've switched to corn. I'm eating veggies and fruits and nuts and mostly non-processed foods (oh, and I eat dairy too). Is it possible I need more fiber? Or does it take this long to get over being glutened? I quit taking vitamins because I don't know if mine are gluten free - could that affect it? Overall I'm feeling much better but this seems to be my body telling me I'm doing something wrong. Any advice would really help.

Melodi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A lot of people are sensitive to corn and dairy. You could try getting off them for a couple weeks, then challenge to see if you are sensitive.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

A lot of people are sensitive to corn and dairy. You could try getting off them for a couple weeks, then challenge to see if you are sensitive.

I agree

Danielle

Diagnosed with Celiac 1/3/06 at age 20

Also dairy free and soy light

Guardian to 3 boys, ages 4, 3, and 2 who are gluten-free, df, corn free, and soy light

dairy does give me C (which aggrivates my hemmorhoids).

your body could still be adjusting to the change. but finding gluten-free vitamins would be good (many are), since your body is used to them.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA