This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Rode 20 Miles Today!

whitball

whitball Explorer

I'm so excited! I rode my bike twenty miles today! The last time I did this I was in bed for a week! I am amazed at the amount of stamina that I have had since going gluten free in February. I just had to tell people who would get it Thanks for letting me brag for a few minutes. Tara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Turtle Enthusiast

AWESOME! I'm only up to 10miles w/ my goal being up to 15 by the end of the summer! Do you mtn bike or road bike?? I do both! Keep in touch!

turtledupree@hotmail.com

DingoGirl Enthusiast

That's fantastic! I miss being in shape like that.

It is 110 degrees where I live (Central CA) and we really can't even go outside today - - there are warnings and admonitions against all outdoor activity - dangerous air quality. Ugh, the heat hangs over us like a sticky, oppressive blanket. AND - - the power was out for three hours last night - biggest nightmare!

Point of all this is, I'm jealous that you live in an area where y ou can even GO outside! :angry:

ianm Apprentice

Good for you. I did 30 miles yesterday and 25 today. The weather was absolutely perfect. 80 degrees and low humidity. Makes up for the six inches of rain last week.

jenvan Collaborator

Congrats!! That's great! :D Feeling like you can do the things again that you love is a great feeling... My energy has improved and I can work out now each week...but still have a ways to go before I hit anything "long-distance" again...

Turtle Enthusiast

Wow! You guys are putting me to shame. HAHA! Keep up the good work!

Green12 Enthusiast
I'm so excited! I rode my bike twenty miles today! The last time I did this I was in bed for a week! I am amazed at the amount of stamina that I have had since going gluten free in February. I just had to tell people who would get it Thanks for letting me brag for a few minutes. Tara

Congratulations!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

whitball Explorer
That's fantastic! I miss being in shape like that.

It is 110 degrees where I live (Central CA) and we really can't even go outside today - - there are warnings and admonitions against all outdoor activity - dangerous air quality. Ugh, the heat hangs over us like a sticky, oppressive blanket. AND - - the power was out for three hours last night - biggest nightmare!

Point of all this is, I'm jealous that you live in an area where y ou can even GO outside! :angry:

110 degrees is way too hot for me! Sorry you don't have the chance to be outside. It is like that here in Michigan in the winter, where it is just too cold to exercise outside. The humidity is quite high here as I live near Saginaw Bay. In the winter the humidity cuts right through my jacket and singes my nose hairs!

Good for you. I did 30 miles yesterday and 25 today. The weather was absolutely perfect. 80 degrees and low humidity. Makes up for the six inches of rain last week.

I also live in Michigan. It has been awesome weather!

Lymetoo Contributor

That's great!! Is your IC better since going Gluten-free?? I also have it.

plantime Contributor

Awesome on going the distance! I'm still waiting for my bicycle to be delivered.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Great!

whitball Explorer
That's great!! Is your IC better since going Gluten-free?? I also have it.

I have had problems recently, but I think that it may be related to wine or oj. How has it been for you?

justjane Rookie

congrats tara!

plantime Contributor

>still waiting for my bicycle to be delivered, thinking enviously of all of you out there riding your bikes and having fun without me<

skinnyminny Enthusiast

how fun!! I am planning on getting a bike this weekend, so I think a will have to start out doing a few miles at a time, what kind of bike should I get I actually havent had one since I was like 12 and it had FOOT BREAKS and no gears, I am thinkin I need somethin simple to start out with, and I will just be riding on the road in a neighborhood?

wozzy Apprentice

I rode 60 miles yesterday and 60 the day before.

I'm in Ann Arbor..The weather has been very nice. :)

You should all race bikes! It's fun. And then we could make a Celiac.com team!

taz sharratt Enthusiast

your not bragging your just proud of youself and so you should be. well done, i know how it feels to achieve something phisical.

plantime Contributor

SkinnyMinny, I know what you mean! Last bike I had was a standard, with foot brakes and spider bars. That was in 79, so I don't know how far I'll be able to go on my new one! I went to my local bike shop and talked the guys there. They were very helpful about what I needed, and ordered one for me. Now I am waiting for it to arrive so I can start riding.

Archived