• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Fiddle-Faddle

Bravo (italian Restaurant)

Rate this topic

We just showed up there with another family, and I figured, well, I can always ask for plain grilled meat and salad if they don't have agluten-free menu. Boy, were they nice to me!

The waitress said they didn't have a gluten-free menu, but that the manager was very familiar with gluten-free, so the manager came by and said, "Just tell me what you'dlike from our menu, and, unless it's deep-fried or ravioli, we can make it gluten-free for you! I'll talk to the chef for you and he'll make the sauces with cornstarch if they need to be thickened." WOW!

So my kids had gluten-free pasta (with fantastic sauces), and I had tilapia with crabmeat and a lobster-butter sauce and everything was delicious!

If anybody wants to know, they are in Cranberry, PA, on route 19, just south of Exit 3 of the PA turnpike!

Bravo, Bravo!!!! :)

That is awesome! Bravo is one of my favorites that I have been avoiding since going gluten-free. Did they have gluten-free pasta on hand? I will have to contact my local store and inquire!

We just showed up there with another family, and I figured, well, I can always ask for plain grilled meat and salad if they don't have agluten-free menu. Boy, were they nice to me!

The waitress said they didn't have a gluten-free menu, but that the manager was very familiar with gluten-free, so the manager came by and said, "Just tell me what you'dlike from our menu, and, unless it's deep-fried or ravioli, we can make it gluten-free for you! I'll talk to the chef for you and he'll make the sauces with cornstarch if they need to be thickened." WOW!

So my kids had gluten-free pasta (with fantastic sauces), and I had tilapia with crabmeat and a lobster-butter sauce and everything was delicious!

If anybody wants to know, they are in Cranberry, PA, on route 19, just south of Exit 3 of the PA turnpike!

Are you close to Pine Ridge?LLee

Where is Pine Ridge? (I might be close to it, I just don't know where it is :unsure: )

It is near Berks, Bethel and Reading. B)

Still clueless over here :rolleyes: . You can tell I'm a transplant! I'm 12 miles north of Pittsburgh, and the Bravo I went to is about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh, just south of the intersection of the turnpike (I-76) and I-79. There's also one on McKnight road,, about 6 miles North of Pittsburgh.

Does that help?

Still clueless over here :rolleyes: . You can tell I'm a transplant! I'm 12 miles north of Pittsburgh, and the Bravo I went to is about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh, just south of the intersection of the turnpike (I-76) and I-79. There's also one on McKnight road,, about 6 miles North of Pittsburgh.

Does that help?

Harrisburg is not far. I have only been there once except ages ago. I am going to pack food because no one responded to knowing of any places to eat near pine ridge. It will definitly be an adventure. I don't think I'll find a whole food there :lol::lol::lol: LLee

Hey, we have one here in va. beach. I haven't had the gluten-free pasta yet so I hope to try that. I will call and see if they have it here. LLEE

I was curious about this and looked at their website. Low and behold they actually have one in Kansas so I wrote to them and this is what I recieved back:

Jessica,

Some of our restaurants always have gluten free pasta in stock and some

need to order this pasta on demand. If you let me know which restaurant

you are interested in visiting I can make sure that they have this in

house. All of our restaurants can make gluten free meals, but the best

way to handle this is to make sure that the manager and chef know that

you are coming in and then they can let you know what they are able to

prepare for you. We do not have our gluten free menu available at this

time, but I do know that our corporate chefs are currently working on

this.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa Gillenwater

Bravo Development, Inc

Phone: (614) 340-9208

Fax: (866) 625-4761

lgillenwater@bdi.cc

Pretty impressive.........I'll have to give them a try sometime.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I visited the Bravo Restaurant in the North Hills (Pittsburgh) and although they did NOT carry gluten-free pasta, the chef did come over to the table to talk with me. He suggested wheat penne (I almost fainted!) and I kindly explained to him that I cannot have wheat! LOL I ended up getting a chicken dish. I felt a little risky eating here. I am going to make a point to go to the one up in Wexford as they sound like they are more equipped to handle this.

I am also going to send an email to corporate to get them to provide a gluten-free menu.

I have had multiple experiences at Cranberry Bravo! - all good! Their bolognese sauce is wonderful and safe! They told me I don't even need to call ahead, that they always have it in stock. But, I would be disappointed if I went there and they didn't, so I still call ahead. I've never been glutened there, but always remind them to use a different strainer, etc.

On the other hand, I have spoken to the (very nice) chef at the McKnight Road location who also asked me if wheat penne would work?!?! They don't carry it. The one in Robinson (at the Pointe) does not carry it YET, he said. However, he mentioned that if I had an event there and knew in advance, they could order it in.

I haven't spoken to the one at the Galleria (South Hills), but heard they offer it as well.

It is near Berks, Bethel and Reading. B)

Hey Lindalee, I live only about 45 minutes south of Reading... Lititz...

Hey Lindalee, I live only about 45 minutes south of Reading... Lititz...

That is a precious photo!!!! I'm back home now. The packing the food business is a PAIN!! (was my first traveling trip with food). Did you ever go to that health food wharehouse(sp) at the big mall? I wanted to go there but not enough time. LL

Wow - this is neat! I was recently asking for help with finding places in Orlando (not at Disney) so the leader of their support group told me the places he knew of and Brio was listed (same group as Bravo) so I contacted the Brio corp. office and some Chef e-mailed me today from there. She wants to talk on the phone to go over their menu so I'm speaking to her Monday when I have time. The best part is that there is a Brio here (2 in fact) so if they are any good, I can eat at them besides the one in Orlando.