This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Crazy Celiac Here!

sweetp

sweetp Rookie

so, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they are the ONLY person in the entire universe that has celiac disease!?? I mean...yah... you all have it (lol) but i mean like in "the real world" the people you meet in everyday life... (sigh)..... no one gets it... yesterday, this girl at my church ( trying so hard to be sweet!!)) said "i made some bread that you can have... it's called oat maple bread and it doesnt have WHOLE wheat flour..." i said.. wow, yah, thanks! :) um... i can't really have oats and i can't have any flour... she used bleached flour and thought it was okay.... :( anyways... so sometimes when i'm home alone, or even when i'm at a church potluck, but mostly when i'm home alone... i just want to tear into a loaf of great harvest honey whole wheat bread, ( i don't know why i buy it for my hubby-i torture myself!!!) anyways... i want to chuck the stupid "rice LOAF" that's so dense-and-hard-it-could-seriously-injure-someone-if-you-used-it-as-a-weapon, out the window and dump the soggy quinoa spiral noodles in the toilet where they belong and eat some good old top ramen! ai yai yai... i feel crazy sometimes, like this disease is not real and that if i believe that hard enough that i can go back to eating like a "normal person" i mean, i've been SOOOO stinkin good for SOOO long, it's been a while since i've had a bad reaction, and a few years since i've been constantly sick...i feel so healthy now!! :) i think i almost need to be glutened once in a while so i don't feel so deprived....anyhoo...so here i am home alone....barry left some cookies on the counter....RarrrRrr..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Sweetp,

try Kinnikinnick bread (www.kinnikinnick.com) for online ordering and Tinkyada noodles (taste like regular noodles)

hez Enthusiast

I think all of us feel at times as if no one else has this disease. That is why we come here, there is comfort in numbers :)

sweetp-You need do dump the quinoa noodles. IMHO they are just nasty. Try tinkyada (I know I mispelled that) it tastes like real pasta and does not fall apart. I can not stand the rice loaf bread. I enjoy the Whole Foods bread toasted, I like Anna's bread from gluten evolution, and I tried Pamela's in my bread maker and that was good.

Sorry Barry left the cookies on the counter :( Make sure you have goodies for yourself for times like these.

Hez

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm with everyone else on the Tinkyada.....get rid of the quinoa stuff...Tinkyada tatses like real pasta. Your hubby would probably like it too.

sparkles Contributor

Sorry to hear that you are going crazy...but glad to hear that I am not alone. It does get to be overwhelming sometimes...and depressing....and I must admit, I am tired of explaining for the zillionith time this darn diet and why I can't just cheat "a little". Right now the whole celiac thing is really getting to me... I am supposed to go to a banquet on Sunday night and am dreading it because it will be typical banquet food.... and then there will be all the questions from those around me as to why I can't eat this or that and why would just a little hurt....etc..... I need a constructive outlet for these frustrations.... I wish I could run away!

Soo B Newbie

The first celiac conference I went to, the thing I was most excited about wasn't the educational value -- I was excited to physically see other people (outside immediate family) with celiac disease. There was something SO comforting about being in a room full of human beings who go through the same things as me every day. I just wanted to hug everybody.

Guest nini

is there a local support group in your area? I find that is one of the most helpful things for me is to get together with local Celiacs and enjoy each others company and good food!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kabowman Explorer

I know - I am the only one, oh wait, my dental hygentist and her daughter have food issues but I see her once every 6 months and my mouth is full of her hands so I can't really chat back, but other than that, people just don't get it and there is only me.

I love this MB and would have issues without it.

loraleena Contributor

I hear you. You should buy and make Manna from Anna bread. It is on the web. It is crusty chewy and yummy like a real loaf!!

Green12 Enthusiast

I don't know about anybody else, but I feel now that I am aware of celiac and after a year and a half or so of eating a gluten-free diet it seems like more and more people I know are having digestive difficulties and exhibit signs and symptoms of celiac. Maybe it's just me though.

Archived