Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AutumnE

Glutened By Wendys Again!

Now they are supposed to be gluten-free and safe. The ingredients list Wendy's gives out says they are gluten-free.

does not meen that people dont do it, fast food workers are lazy, they get paid very little, and have no emotion for there job, all they care about is getting the food out and not getting yelled at, i have seem some really bad stuff from 3 diffrent fast food reasturants, that would have there doors closed in seconds so just because it may be a violation does not meen it does not happen. one fairly extreme example

(tacobell) so me and my friends are chilling drinking and smoking when tacobell calls, they ask for everyone there to come in and help them close(only 2 of them work for taco bell) so we all show up poop faced, and there is literarly piles of dishs ON THE FLOOR, they take a hose to it and then put them away no soap just a hose. then 2 of the employes (one manager, one employe) go into the office and shut the door, next thing you know you can here panting and moaning coming from the office, 3 of the other employs step into the freezer to smoke bowls and then everyone makes all the food they want and so on and so on... after this night i never ate at tacobell again

Lister, What City Do You Live In, I Want To Remind Myself Never To Go There. Lisa

I do not eat at Wendy's, MCD's or any place like that because the cross contamination issues are large. It is Like me eating fries at New York Fries, one of the ones that serves hot dogs. All it would take is a very few crumbs from a bun to be in the fries or anything like that and I spend a week being sick. Actually I was just sick for a whole week because I grabbed my partners phone and answered it because I had to and she was tied up. She had been eating a sandwich previous and answering that phone. I answered it and then not thinking sat down and ate my banana. I spent the worst week of my life with the big D and killer headaches etc. I would never chance eating at a place heavy with gluten like the above places.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.